The most reliable and common methods of cleaning cast iron skillet
The cast iron pan is durable. It is important to properly care for a thing and to remove carbon deposits from it in time, not to allow it to become rusty, covered with mold. Nagar is easy to remove with a knife, if you heat the pan.
Many housewives are interested in the question of how to clean the cast iron skillet. And it can spoil the soot, rust. Using our tips, you can remove them.
Some people think that the cast-iron pan should be cleaned from carbon deposits every time.
This is not entirely true, but it is better to clean the iron immediately after contamination. Nagar is a layer consisting of oil with fat, and it is already non-stick. On this surface, it's great to fry steak, french fries, and whatever you want.
Clean the cast iron pan
After use, it is best to wash the cauldron or other cast-iron dishes under running hot water.You can use a sponge or cloth, but cleaning products are not needed. Thing should be dried immediately.
If there are any solid food residues in the pan, you can get rid of themone of several ways.
- Take a sponge or brush with nylon bristles. Pour hot water or Coca-Cola into the pan.
- If you want to quickly remove solid food from the bottom or sides of the pan, then you need to pull the dishes out of hot water, pour kosher salt and rub using paper napkins. Movement during rubbing should be circular. The iron is cleaned with salt. Do not believe it, but coca will similarly remove food debris.
If you know from experience that it is difficult to remove a stain using the methods listed above, put water into a cauldron or other utensil, boil it and it will lag behind. After washing you can pour a thin layer of vegetable oil on the pan.
How to remove rust?
Rust appears on the surface of the pan if the dishes are not dried on time or placed in a place that is too wet to store.
Walk on a dry thing with coarse sandpaper. Polish dishes with a fine-grained sandpaper. So you remove from the iron rust.
Not everyone believes, but coca will really remove carbon from the griddle. Liquid dissolves old fat.
Immerse the container in a drink, or pour it inside the kitchen equipment and soon soda will eat up the fat. Coca-Cola cleansing is an easy procedure.
Methods for firing a cast iron skillet
Nagar in the pan comes from the fact that the fat and the remnants of the products burned. Over the years, if you do not clean the kitchen equipment, a decent layer can collect.
Method number 1
Select the hob on which the biggest fire. Turn it on at full capacity and glow one side of the pan.
So you can clean and cauldron. After 2-3 minutes, you need to remove the dishes from the fire and try to remove layers of soot with a strong knife.
Does not work? Continue to heat up the same side for 2-3 minutes. Removed from this edge? Do the same with other parties.
Wash the pan with a soapy sponge under warm running water. Pat dry with disposable paper towels.
Method number 2
Here for removal of a deposit use a blowtorch. Fat, which consists of soot, burns and turns into soot.
It is easily removed. This is how a cauldron is cleaned, taking off soot, men. They wear, as welders, fire protection mittens to protect them and do it in garages.
In the house or apartment refrain from such experiments. Fire may occur.
Method number 3
Are you going to upgrade the cauldron, remove carbon from your favorite pan? Do it right on the fire.
For example, this procedure can be performed in nature, if you make a fire, throw a cauldron or a frying pan there. If she has a cast-iron handle, then the container is placed in the fire entirely.
If the handle is wooden, plastic, remove it and only then you can leave the pan for 15 minutes in the fire.
After reach with a stick and remove the soot with a knife.
If the procedure did not bring the desired result, put it again in the fire and heat it again. Work hard with a knife, removing the old snuff.
There are other ways to clean cast iron. For example, by chemical means. Consider them.
Let's figure out what can be used to remove soot from household chemicals.Usesuch means.
- If the layer of fat in the pan is small and you purchased it not so long ago, then wash it with a sponge with detergent for kitchen utensils, for example, “Fae” or another similar quality detergent.
- Have you been using a cauldron or pan for years? In the evening, rinse the container with the fat remover, and then apply the detergent used to clean the oven. Wash the greased pan tightly in the bag. Let lie down until the morning. All spots will disappear in half a day. If you remain somewhere, rub it lightly with a metal washcloth (it also removes rust).
If scratches remain on the pan after using a metal scraper, you can clean them using fine-grained sandpaper. It is convenient to clean and iron.
Universal solution since the USSR
During the Soviet era, the mistresses handed each otherThis recipe:
- 0.5 kg of soda;
- 72% soap bar;
- silicate glue - 2 pcs.
Cooking pans will require boiling or another capacious container.
The handle of wood or other material must be removed. But the iron should be wiped with a sponge moistened with a solution. Rust removes sandpaper. For kitchen equipment, stick to the following.instructions.
- Type water in the container and place it on the stove to warm up.
- On a large grater rub the soap and add it to the water. Now pour the soda with silicate glue.
- All components of the recipe mix and immerse the pan in water.
- Put the pan in boiling water for 15 minutes. Now turn off the water, and close the container with a lid. By the way, coca can be used instead of water.
- Let the pan lie there for 2 to 3 hours. Then you need to take a sponge and wash off her tan. In difficult places, walk with a metal scraper.
The smell with this method will not be the most unpleasant. It is best to carry out such a procedure on the street, if this is not possible, open the window wide or turn on the hood.
Store the inventory where it is dry and cool. The iron will not deteriorate at any humidity.
If you live in an area where the humidity is high, when you put things in storage, do not close it with a lid. Otherwise, it may become rusty, and it will have to be cleaned.
Now you know how to properly care for your cast iron skillet at home. Rust is removed with sandpaper, Coca-Cola can remove carbon deposits. Take care carefully, and your dishes will serve you faithfully for many years.