The inscription on the monument. Epitaphs on the monument: examples
Epitaph is a gravestone inscription, which is a kind of appeal to the deceased or, on the contrary, the deceased to the passers-by, but this is quite rare. In the European literary sources such initiations are referred to as a kind of antique epigram.
Mournful words can be found on the graves, whose age reaches 100-150 years. Thanks to the development of cultural traditions, today epitaph has become an important element in perpetuating the memory of a dear person who has gone into the world.
Why are the last words necessary?
Not all people install an inscription on the monument to the deceased relative. Meanwhile, it is in these words that there is a unique appeal, through which the feeling of grief, loss, and invaluable loss is expressed. Having written similar lines, friends, relatives and relatives in a certain way communicate with a close dead person.
Most of the visitors to the cemeteries, reading the epitaphs placed on the tombstones, once again reflect on the value of life and the actions that they managed to accomplish in their age.The lines that are deep in meaning make it possible to reflect on the meaning of good, good deeds, on death, and on what awaits all of us after leaving our lives. Many wise men say that the cemetery is a special school of life.
To date, you can find a large number of the most amazing inscriptions, all of which differ in individuality. The epitaphs on the tombstones, written personally or to order, with incredible accuracy reflect the entire traversed path of the deceased. Such words become a kind of result, a kind of brief biography of the deceased. By them it is possible to judge with certainty who suffered the loss, what life course the deceased himself went through, what remained after him, who this man was ...
Who is writing epitaphs
In order for the memory of the deceased to be perpetuated at the most decent level, the inscription on the monument must be correctly composed. But close people rarely find the right words, as their minds hurt the pain of loss and loss. To address this issue, you can contact the professionals who will help you find the text in a simple or poetic form and will qualitatively transfer it to the monument. Equally important is who exactly left this world, age, gender, qualities of the deceased.
How to put the words on the monument?
It is important to take into account the decoration of the tombstone, part of which becomes the epitaph. The inscription should reflect the character of the person that requires real skill from the specialist.
The most reliable and easiest way to change the topography of the gravestone is manual. The master calligrapher, using a chisel and a hammer, puts words of grief on the monument. This method remained the most popular until the second half of the last century. The inscriptions on the monuments (on the grave) are especially beautiful.
The image and the epitaph are transferred directly to the stone, but this requires that it be a dark granite with a fine-grained structure. This is how you can get a very beautiful plate. In addition, it is manual work that allows you to use a variety of fonts.
The work is carried out with the help of special equipment that easily cuts inscriptions absolutely on any surfaces. This method is qualitative and less expensive. The use of technology allows us to achieve better quality and higher processing speed.
This is a relatively new way to apply labels of a very different nature. The upper layer of the material under the influence of the laser is removed or changes its structure. The epitaph looks natural and a long period retains its original characteristics. If the monument is prepared accordingly, it turns out the highest quality work.
In this case, a stencil is applied to the monument. The image is knocked out by compressed air using abrasive materials. After this stage of work, painting or finishing with gold leaf is carried out. With the help of sandblasting method any inscription on a monument can be made.
The method is most often used when working on black planes and colored granites, which allows you to create a beautiful visual effect. Volumetric inscriptions will help to transform even the most ordinary-looking monument into a full-fledged monument, in which you can see your own unique and unique style. Aluminum, bronze and brass look good on granite and marble slabs. The font of such epitaphs can be very diverse.
The inscription on the monument to mother
Through the epitaph dedicated to the mother, one can express all unsaid words and feelings. This is very important when the most expensive, close and dear person leaves. Such a loss leaves no one indifferent, even the most cynical and callous people. Most often, a clear author's inscription is created on a monument, the words of which touch the heart of any person reading it.
The epitaphs of the deceased dad usually contain lines about his courage, reflecting the actions he did during his life. Such inscriptions on the monuments to parents usually come from grieving children.
Very often in the cemeteries you can find double graves where both parents are buried. On such tombstones there are words impregnated with grief and sorrow.
Inscriptions for departed children
It is very scary and unfair when parents lose their daughters and sons. Whether it is a tragic coincidence, accidents or illness. Mothers and fathers have no words to express their own sadness, grief and oppressive melancholy to the end. The inscriptions on the monuments of the son or daughter are always filled with unbearable pain.
Epitaphs on the graves of children indicate or imply the cause of death of the child, which perpetuates his memory. In addition, such inscriptions can be decorated with drawings or ornaments. Such words of grief are the last thing parents can give to their deceased child. Therefore, strings must be unique, one-of-a-kind.
Examples of common epitaphs
- The bright and immortal memory of you will always reign in hearts.
- There is no more sorrow than bitterness caused by loss.
- One star was less on the mortal earth. One luminary has become more in the sky.
- And the heart is filled with pain, and there is no end to grief.
- Thank you for the years lived together.
- On earth, I am lonely and empty without you.
- The path of man on earth is brief, and memory remains eternal.
- He walked before God, was righteous and blameless.
- The Lord Gave Success! The angels were with him - and in everything that this man did.
- I count on your help, Lord!
- He has not deprived of his mercy neither the dead nor the living!
- Here is a man of God, a respected man!
- All the people wept over his grave ...
- My God lives, redeeming my soul from all calamity.
- May the Lord create his truth and mercy ...
- You, my God, raise me, have mercy on me!
- The Lord is my refuge and power.
- Let me, Lord, hear the joy and your joy, may the relics of which you be crushed rejoice.
Examples of epitaphs to spouse
The inscriptions on the monuments to her husband can be as follows:
- You can not return, it is impossible to forget.
- You are the memory of happy days that sped away.
- Your warmth will always stay with us.
- Pure and light your image will be with us.
- How much of ours has gone with your death, how much of yours is left with us.
- It is impossible to part with your loved ones ...
- Blessed are the pure thoughts and the heart, for they will see the kingdom of heaven.
- It is impossible to comprehend the bitterness of loss, neither with mind nor with heart.
The inscriptions on the monuments to her husband are often laconic and decorated in a simple style.
- From us you could leave instantly, but the pain remained forever.
- No measure for grief and own tears. You are the happiness and joy from all of us carried away.
- No one could help you, you left us very early. But the close image of your native family remembers everything all the time.
- You are suddenly gone, and there is no heart ...
- It is so easy to imagine alive, but it is impossible to believe in death.
- Our grief is not measured and not in tears. We will love you, our dear, until the end of our days.
- Everything was in him - talent, beauty and soulfulness. Father sparkled for us like a bright dream.
- Sleep, beloved father, the pain of losing us all rallied. The memory of you will always be alive.
- Your way has come to the end of the earth, your eyes are closed. Farewell, dear dad, we remember you.
- We do not hear native speeches, we do not see good and radiant eyes. Why fate is merciless and took you from us.
- The heart is bleeding, and the mind refuses to believe in bitter loss. You did not die for us, but went somewhere.
- I am sorry that we did not manage to give you all the power of love and respect during our lifetime.
Examples of mother epitaphs
The inscription on the monument to mother may be as follows:
- The only, beloved, dear mother. Sleep well…
- Like drops of dew on our cheeks our tears. Sleep, mommy, in peace. Remember, grieve.
- It had everything - beauty, kindness, talent and soulfulness. You were a support and support for us, sleep with the world.
- You left so early, tears wash away your grave, unable to extinguish the pain of loss.
- Kind, light, lovely eyes of mother, warm, soft hands, gentle hugs will forever remain in our memory.We are very difficult without you, I'm sorry ...
- We will never accept a bitter loss. You are in our heart and soul forever.
The inscriptions on the monuments to the parents are found together with the decoration of the monuments.
Examples of epitaphs to a child
- Eternally there will be about you mournful tear of the mother. Father's melancholy, grief of grandmothers and grandfathers, loneliness of sister / brother are inexorable.
- We did not know that you would so quickly step from childhood to eternity.
- To you, wonderful child, fate was unjust. She gave you to me and immediately took you.
- Our little angel who has returned to heaven.
The gravestone inscriptions on the monuments of children are often accompanied by images of toys and favorite objects of children.
Examples of epitaphs to the son
- Love for you, my dear, will die only with us.
- And life ended with you. All the dearest, dearest son, lovely child has left us.
- Severe illness broke you in the prime of life. My dear, dear little son, I will sprinkle your grave with my tears.
- Son, we send you to another world. Your memory will never be forgotten.
Examples of epitaphs to daughter
The gravestone inscriptions on the monuments of daughters can be as follows:
- When angels come down from heaven, such babies are born. You warmed us with your warmth, love. Sleep in eternal sleep, our little angel.
- Sleep beloved daughter in peace. You passed your short way cheerfully and honestly.
- We love you, dear, why did you leave your poor parents so early.
- Our little one, your heart has stopped, but it beats in our souls. You, our angel, will always illuminate our mortal hearts with your smile.
Epitaph in verse
The poetic form no less deeply reflects the bitterness of the loss. Such words of grief can be decorated with various ornaments and patterns and are appropriate on the graves of any deceased relatives.
The inscription on the monument to the grandmother:
- You are not here, and we do not believe.
- In our hearts you will be forever.
- And his grief from that loss.
- Never heal us.
The inscription on the monument to the Pope:
- Stopped time running and grief squeezed all my soul.
- He left us the man, so few in the world.
- You suddenly left, and we all believe that you will be with us forever.
- We do not forget such a loss, and the memory, the grief is kept warmly.
- We can not overcome the grief, the loss of pain to bear.
- We could not help you, forgive me ...
- The heart went out like a match, the yearning would not dull the year.
- The image of your bright, light, familiar, will be stored in the hearts forever.
The inscription on the monument in verse to the child:
- Do not accept until the death of this burden of being.
- Before parents die children, you left, I live only ...
We all came to this world and we all leave it, sometimes unexpectedly. Epitaph briefly and succinctly reflects the grief of sudden loss. It can be love, respect for the deceased, regret for the premature death. In addition, the lines on the tombstone reflect the characteristics of a deceased person.
Today, you can choose this method of inscribing a monument to a loved one that will help you to keep within a modest budget and will become a complete reflection of the feelings and emotions of loved ones.