Stove for the garage with their own hands. Furnaces, stoves for heating
Garage for men - the second most important place after the house. Here they gather with friends, keep their tools, go about their men's affairs, and, of course, the “holy of holies” - the machine - is stored here. In general, often the garage serves as a personal space, a lounge and a workshop for the head of the family. Many families who do not have a personal cellar, store here billets for the winter.
Therefore, it is important that this room is as comfortable and functional as possible. In the lane, where at least five months of the year frost freezes, it makes sense to take care of heating the garage. It is very unpleasant when, hurrying to work, you approach the car and find out that the doors were frozen, and the windows were covered with hoarfrost. We have to lose time and wait until the car warms up. And what can we say about gatherings with friends on cold winter evenings, if it is impossible to be in the place where you decided to get together.
However, in our country one can hardly find a garage with central heating, as it is expensive and inconvenient. And because each heats his room under the car apart. Nowadays, there is a huge amount of heating devices that can be easily found in specialized stores, but they will cost, to put it mildly, not cheap.
If you want to save money, then you probably ask yourself: “How to make heating in the garage with your own hands?” In this article you will be able to consider several options for home-made heating.
Ways of heating the garage
When setting out to make your garage warm and cozy, it is important to know that the heating you choose should have a number of qualities:
- The low cost of the heater and the fuel you will use.
- The possibility of temperature changes in a greater or lesser direction.
- Easy installation and ease of installation and operation.
- High level of heat transfer.
Given these qualities, we can conclude that the following types of heaters will suit you:
- Oven-stove on the wood.
- Diesel stoves (furnaces for mining).
- Water heating.
- Electric ovens.
Many offer to use gas ovens for heating, but this type is suitable only if certain conditions and safety measures are observed, which are not so easy to implement in the garage.
Potbelly stove - yesterday and today
The stove-stove appeared more than half a century ago, in the days of communism, around the twenties. Wood stoves for heating of this type received their unusual name due to the specificity of the political system and the mentality of the people. After all, any owner was considered a bourgeois, and this furnace was invented just to heat his home, regardless of his neighbors.
Now, when there is a huge number of more convenient ways of heating homes, stoves are used to warm non-residential premises, such as garages, cottages, stables, etc., and for temporary warming of premises where the owners did not have time to install permanent heating. Also, they are appreciated by tourists.
Despite the fact that such a furnace has faded into the background, it is still an indispensable assistant in some cases. The undoubted advantage of the stove is the possibility of cooking food on it.
Pros and cons of the stove
Like all inventions of mankind, self-made stoves for this type of garage have both advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of this design:
- Simplicity of assembly that allows to make it the hands with own hands in house conditions.
- High heating rate of the furnace.
- The cheapness of the materials from which this product is assembled.
- The ability to use different types of wood fuel, from full-fledged wood to plant residues.
In addition to the advantages, the stove has some rather significant drawbacks:
- Low heat emission.
- The need for a large amount of fuel.
- The rapid cooling of the body after the combustion of fuel.
There are many ways to build a stove, today you will learn about some of them.
The simplest option for a garage stove is a vertical stove.
You can make it from any trash that you find in your country house. It can be a piece of metal pipe of the desired diameter, an old barrel with a leaky bottom, a gas cylinder - in general, any metal household waste that can act as a shell.
How to make a stove-stove
You will need:
- The capacity that you have chosen as the basis.
- A hammer.
- Pipe or bending sheet metal for the chimney.
- Metal stand on which the stove will be installed.
- Welding machine.
- Metal corners.
- First of all, the garage stove body should be washed with a mixture of strong detergent and soda. If you used a gas bologne as a base, you must release the gas before cleaning it, for this, simply open the valve and turn the container down with the valve down.
- Now you need to cut off all unnecessary parts from the body to get an even cylinder with a bottom on one side.
- If the base tank has no bottom, you need to weld it, since this part will serve as the top of the furnace and the base for the chimney.
- In the bottom you need to cut a hole equal to the diameter of the chimney.
- Weld the ring to the cut hole for easier installation of the chimney.
- In front of the cylinder, cut two rectangular holes, equal in size to the prepared doors.
- Approximately at a distance of 2/3 from the top of the future stove for the garage and to the side on which the stove will stand, weld metal corners.
- It is necessary to attach legs to the corners welded to the bottom of the furnace, and on those that are welded into the cylinder, put a grid.
- It remains to weld the chimney, for greater efficiency it can be made multi-stage (remember that it must go out).
Oven for a garage on the wood must necessarily stand on a metal stand. This is a fire safety requirement.
Self-made stoves for this type of garage have one rather serious drawback - low efficiency. As mentioned above, after the combustion of the fuel the furnace body cools down within ten minutes.
To correct this disadvantage, the stove must be bricked up on all sides with a brick at a distance of 15 cm from its body, making a hole the size of one brick in the upper and lower parts of the brick wall.
The rectangular stove is a bit more difficult to manufacture than the cylindrical variation. But the rectangular shape of the structure has better efficiency due to the larger area of contact with air.
The size of the material for the stove will depend on what size stove you want. Best of all, when determining the size of your future heater, consider the standard size of firewood. It is desirable that the fuel fit any size into the furnace.Metal furnace for the garage is better to do not too big. But they should not be very small either. In this article you will learn how to make heating in the garage, for example, a rectangular stove with the size of 50 x 50 cm and a height of 90 cm.
The materials and tools you need
- 4 sheets of 3 mm metal measuring 50 x 90 cm.
- 2 sheets of 3 mm metal measuring 50 x 50 cm.
- 7.5 meters corner at 40.
- Pipe or bending sheet metal for the chimney.
- 6.5 m 16mm reinforcement.
- 2 doors.
- 50 cm 8 mm rod.
- Welding machine.
- A circle of three metal, 3.5 mm smaller than the diameter of the pipe.
- First you need to cut the corners, you should have 4 segments of a length of 90 cm and 10 segments of a length of 50 cm.
- From the segments of the corner you need to weld the “skeleton” - the parallelepiped of the future stove. This will take 4 pieces of 90 cm each and 8 pieces of 50 cm each. Weld the remaining two pieces of the corner inside the frame at a distance of 20 cm from the bottom plane.
- Strip excessively thick welding seams with a grinder.
- Cut the reinforcement into 50 cm lengths (you will need 5 pieces of reinforcement).
- Weld the reinforcement to the corners inside the frame at a distance of 16-17 cm from each other.
- Now on the "skeleton" of the furnace of metalneed to wear"Skin".To do this, weld the prepared sheets of metal to the corners of the frame.
- In the upper plane of the stove, cut a hole under the chimney.
- Inside the pipe that you will use as a chimney, you need to install a gate. It is necessary to adjust the thrust. For this:
- take a small piece of bar and bend its part at an angle of 80-90 degrees;
- in the bottom of the chimney, make two holes equal to the diameter of the rod, parallel to each other;
- insert the bar into the holes;
- put a metal circle on the rod inside the pipe and attach it by welding.
- Weld up the chimney with an adjuster to the previously cut hole.
- Cut two rectangular openings under the doors above and below the front wall of the stove.
- Attach the doors.
Diesel garage stoves
Diesel stoves, or stoves to work out, occupy the second place in popularity among motorists after the stoves. They are not only simple and inexpensive to assemble and operate, but also environmentally friendly. They do not pollute the environment with smoke.
The furnace has received its name due to the possibility of using recycled substances for igniting it, for example used motor oil.
Diesel stove: "for" and "against"
This method of heating the garage has a number of advantages and quite a few minuses. To make sure that a diesel stove is worth building for a garage, let's weigh the pros and cons.
The advantages of the stove during processing are as follows:
- Cheapness and variety of fuel that is suitable for this stove.
- The diesel stove does not smoke the heated space and the environment.
- The materials from which to make such a furnace are relatively cheap.
- Even an amateur can make an oven for recycling.
- The device works at any temperature.
- Mobility design.
Cons of such a furnace for heating the garage:
- It is necessary to clean the stove every week.
- With inadequate care, the unit often breaks down.
- It gives off an unpleasant smell of burnt gases.
- Do not work near a stove with flammable appliances.
Materials that will be required for the manufacture of the furnace during processing
- Two tanks that can be used as a furnace body. These can be, for example, small propane cylinders, compressors from a broken refrigerator, or any other suitable vessel that you can find.
- A chimney pipe of a suitable size (the chimney should go outside).
- Pipe for connection of tanks of the case, with a wall thickness of not less than 5 mm.
- Metal corner 100 cm.
- Welding machine.
- A small cap cut from a piece of metal.
- A small piece of pipe of a slightly larger diameter than a pipe for connecting containers. This part is needed to make the upper capacity of the structure removable.
- Pipe slightly larger diameter than the chimney pipe.
How to make a stove
- Cut into a corner into four lengths of 25 cm - these will be the legs on which the structure will stand.
- Using a welding machine, attach the legs to the tank, which will be the lower part of the furnace.
- Make a hole in the lower container of the structure equal to the diameter of the pipe in the center, and make a hole with a slightly larger diameter in the upper container with an edge.
- Weld the connecting pipe to the hole in the bottom container.
- Weld a small length of larger diameter pipe. The upper part of the structure is removable to make it easier to clean the stove.
- Connect the lower container with the welded pipe to the upper vessel. The upper part is the heating element.Pipe - burner. The lower part is the firebox.
- Make more than 12 holes in the pipe at a distance of about 10 cm from the body and 5 cm from each other.
- Cut a small round hole in the firebox, about 15 cm in diameter, to supply fuel and adjust the oxygen supply.
- Cover the holes with bolts.
- The thrust is regulated as follows: the more the lid is opened, the more intense the burning in the furnace.
- Weld the nozzle to the opposite edge of the connecting tube of the upper container.
- Insert the chimney pipe into the nozzle.
With the help of this article, you learned how to make stoves for the garage with your own hands, learned about the pros and cons of different types of stoves, got a little familiar with the history of heating appliances. Experiment and let your life be warmer!