Spiritual Enlightenment: How to behave in the church?
House of god
An Orthodox church (or church) is a special place for fellowship with parishioners with the Lord. Unfortunately, our people are spiritually unenlightened. Many, especially young people, attend the temple, even without knowing the elementary rules and norms of behavior in this place. How to behave in the church?That is the theme of my article today. Now I will begin to enlighten you spiritually. You are ready? Then go ahead!
How to behave in the church. Caution number 1
My article is intended both for the inexperienced parishioner and for the experienced ones. If everything is clear with the first, then the second in the years that they continuously attend the temple have developed a very harmful and bad habit: they perceive the house of God as their own! The rules of conduct in the Orthodox Church have become something commonplace for them. It comes to the point that they allow themselves to solve their own everyday and everyday problems in the eyes of God! You can't do that!
How to behave in the church.Caution number 2
So, we go to the temple to express our gratitude to the Almighty, repent of any sins and cleanse morally. Religion teaches us to be sincere in this sacred place, since only sincere prayers are sure to be heard by God.
How to behave in the church. Fundamental rules
They are not so many, but all of them are desirable to know and comply with. These rules are more ethical than religious. Of course, no one forces them to observe "crazy and memoryless." So, what you need to know, going to visit an Orthodox church?
Rules for women
- Wear only a long skirt or dress. No trouser and, especially, denim pants are not allowed.
- It is not recommended to put cosmetics on the face or, at least, lipstick. Imagine what a mess you get into before the eyes of God and the priests when you kiss an icon. After all, it will always remain on the mark of lipstick.
- Hands should always be closed, regardless of the time of year.
- Enter the temple calmly and silently. Men take off their hats. Women, on the contrary, wear headscarves. If the woman did not take care of the covered head, then in the temple at the checkout there is a so-called "duty scarf".Or you can approach the church workers and quietly and calmly explain your problem. They have a free handkerchief, believe me.
- Usually on the threshold of the temple read the prayer of the person going to church, or the prayer "Our Father".
- When you enter the temple, be sure to make three belt bows.
- For many people, it still remains a mystery to which icon to approach in the church. Friends! When you entered the temple and bowed three times, you will attach yourself to the festive icon located on the lectern - in the center of the church.
- Do not go to the temple, as they say, back and forth. Do not try to fix any candles or, God forbid, to do the cleaning of the candelabra.
- If you do not like something in the behavior of a parishioner, refrain from all comments. It is better to talk to him at the exit from the temple. But there is an exception (if the parishioner is engaged in obvious blasphemy or hooliganism).
- When the chorus begins to sing, you can sing along with it, only quietly, without disturbing or confusing the people standing nearby.