Sewing a butterfly costume for a girl with your own hands: a chic outfit at no extra cost!
If you have a child, and this daughter, you are incredibly lucky! For girls, there are many outfits that will make them beauties: skirts, dresses, colorful socks and tights. But it’s already irrelevant to bring a little princess for a holiday just in a smart dress, with bows or a crown, girls are becoming more and more addicted to fairy-tale characters. For example, fairies have become very popular, and many little beauties would love to try on their wings. Today we will tell you how to surprise and please your daughter, niece or granddaughter by making a butterfly costume for a girl with your own hands. You can see the photos of these outfits in our article, but choose the colors on your own, so that it fits perfectly to the child. So where to start?
To make a butterfly costume for a girl with your own hands, you do not need to be a professional seamstress.We will offer several options for making a suit, and some of them are quite simple, but beautiful. You should not run to the fabric store and gain a lot of matter there, you can get by with what you have.
Surely every woman in the house has old unnecessary curtains, bright clothes, which is not a pity to cut into shreds. This will be enough to make your own beautiful butterfly costume for a girl. Of course, it will be good if you have a sewing machine. It will go much faster with her, and the outfit will last longer than the one that is sewn by hand.
To create this costume and sew something almost do not have to. You will need:
- headband with a mustache, which can be bought in the store;
- fabric for wings.
Measure the girl like this:
- The distance from the neck of the swimsuit on the back to the buttocks.
- From the neck of the swimsuit on the back to the wrist.
- From the center of the back to the wrist.
Remember that the edges of the wings will need to be processed, so we add two centimeters to each measured size. So draw wings:
- On a drawing paper or two taped together tapes, unfolded newspapers are plotted with a dotted line: from the bottom up - the distance from the neck to the buttocks. From the beginning of the upper line to the left - the distance from the neck to the brush and the same line in size - to the right.From the middle of the line that goes from the bottom to the top - to the right and left we draw a strip equal to the size from the center of the back to the hand.
- Now we connect the ends of all marks with a smooth line so that we have a semblance of wings.
- Cut, impose the resulting model on the fabric.
- We cut fabric, we process its edges.
- Now we take another fabric of bright shades and cut out circles of different sizes to create a pattern. Use glasses and plates, so the circles will be smooth, cut around them, putting them on the fabric, cut and sew to the wings as you see fit.
Wings need to be sewn to the bathing suit only the central line. At the tips of the wings sew rezinochki so that you can attach them to the wrist.
We create a butterfly costume for the girl with our own hands, but it will not work to sew the proposed model with a machine, as the wire is needed for the frame. Wings will have to do completely manually.
For the base of the costume, a dress with a full skirt or a T-shirt with a skirt of the same tone will fit (you will need a petticoat to have a volume).
And the wings - the most difficult thing:
- Take a wire with a thickness of 2.5-4.5 cm of the required length to create beautiful open wings in size to the child.
- Cut it in half and cut another 1/3 of each.
- Give each part a droplet shape and sheathe it with a transparent or translucent fabric (nylon or unwanted tulle would be ideal, but the easiest thing is to “pack” the details in white nylon tights and sew the edges).
So, you have four details: two small and two large:
- Fold the wing: connect the small and large parts so that the overlap is small.
- Take the needle with the thread and connect the wire through the fabric at the junction of the two parts.
- In the same way create a second wing.
- Sewed to the back of a dress or T-shirt such wings are simple: attach the wire to the fabric with a thick thread. Each wing is attached separately.
If creating your own butterfly costume for a girl, you did not find a suitable skirt, then we suggest considering our version of tailoring. To create a detail of a dress with a length of 30 centimeters you will need:
- 5.5 m organza or tulle;
- for the lining - flap 80 x 10 cm;
- dvuhsantimetrovaya gum - up to a meter in length (depending on the parameters of the child).
To make a high-quality and neat butterfly costume for a girl with your own hands, we begin to prepare patterns with a drawing on paper:
- Take a sheet of 60 x 120 cm, fold it in half.
- Measure 24 cm from the top edge and along the fold line from the corner.
- Connect the dots with an arc.
- From the same points, measure another 30 cm and re-connect the arc.
- Cut out the resulting part, attach it to the fabric folded in half, and outline five times, carefully cut each one.
- Put all the details together, clutching them, sew them along the waistline.
- From the same fabric, cut a detail 75 cm long and 5 cm wide - this will be a belt. Sew it on one side to the skirt, lay along the elastic and sew the other side.
Whatever option you choose, consult with the child. It is easy to create a butterfly costume for a girl with your own hands, but it can be difficult to please a little beauty. Discuss with your daughter what color she would like to get an outfit, with what design. It will be just great if you take the design of the pattern on the wings together. Ordinary gouache, rhinestones and colored patches can be used for decoration.