Pokrovsky Convent in Moscow
Many people know that the relics of the blessed Matronushka are located in And it is called Pokrovsky, in honor of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos. What is this monastery? What is the story of its foundation? Was he always acting? And who is Matron Moscow? How to get to her? Who does she help? Answers to numerous questions in this article.
To the monastery
Starting the story of the Pokrovsky Stavropegial nunnery, you should touch the story. Tell about what happened in ancient times on the site of today's handsome monastery.
And then there were poor houses in Moscow. One of them, located on the very place where the monastery is now towering, will be discussed.
In the distant 17th century, the squalid house behind the Taganskaya, or Bolvanskiye gates, became the last refuge of the False Dmitry. In 1606, under the hooting and the roar of the crowd in a dung cart, the corpse of a young man was brought here. This was the one who is known in history as Dmitri the Impostor. The cart did not pass through the gate, and the disfigured body was dropped into the grave pit."Funeral" his wind and the roar of the storm.
According to legend, in the week that the dead man lay in the territory of the wretched house, there was a serious frost. From the last refuge of the Pretender, moans, screams and howls were heard. The body was found in different places. The people became frightened, and in the end the corpse was commanded to be interred. But the False Dmitrii miraculously ended up at another cemetery.
Then on May 28, 1606, the order was given to burn the body of the Pretender. His ashes were shot in the direction from which the one came to be called Tsarevich Dmitry.
As mentioned above, the current female Pokrovsky Monastery is based on the place of a wretched house. The poor, or God's house - the area allotted for the burial of the Gentiles, the mob, the poor and those whom death suddenly overtook was violent. The buried there were not even sprinkled with earth. Folded without clothes, a bunch. Nobody thought to read them before the onset of heat. Why did this happen? Because in the cold season, that is, in the winter, the ground was frozen so hard by the cold that it was not possible to dig it out or break it. That lay the naked dead until it thaws the earth.
Then they were buried, covered the nakedness with some clothes and interred. In winter, the corpses froze, so they did not decompose.
Foundation of the monastery
Initially, the female Pokrovsky Monastery was called Bozhedomsky Pokrovsky Monastery. Its founder was Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich Romanov, son of the boyar Fyodor Nikitich Romanov. Boyar Fedor Nikitich is known as the Patriarch of Moscow Filaret. What prompted his son to take this step? Perhaps the death of a father. But somehow the monastery was founded, although for a very long time it was attributed to Zaikonospassky. Until 1731.
At first, the monastery was listed at the Moscow Diocese. But in 1744 it was assigned to Krutitskaya. The monastery was given the title of school. Here were trained seminarians. Later, the monastery returned "to normal", and the seminarians were sent to the dioceses to which they belonged.
Life before 1917
For a long time, the current Pokrovsky Convent was considered a contingent. That is, existed on donations. And only in 1870, the Metropolitan of Moscow Innokenty gave him the title of missionary. At the monastery, a school for boys was opened for 30 pupils and a female poorhouse.A hotel was also built for visiting missionaries.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Moscow pastoral courses existed at the monastery. Classes were held in two buildings, and the number of students by 1916 reached 400 people. And before the revolution, in 1913-1915, 20 Athos monks were sent to the Pokrovsk monastery. By 1917, the monastery was a well-equipped spiritual center. Everything here was: an established economy and a developed spiritual life. The revolution has made its own adjustments.
Time before closing
In 1918, it became monastic inhabitants tight. They received bread on cards, there was nothing to sink the buildings. Most of the monastics went to live in apartments, in houses located in the immediate vicinity of the monastery. The inhabitants continued to go to the monastery as if to work. But worship did not stop even in these very harsh times.
In 1921, the new government decided to turn the house of God into a concentration camp. The monks were ordered to leave the cloister within seven days. But the Mother of God did not allow to turn the monastery into a concentration camp. A hostel for tram depot workers was arranged in the buildings. The monks were given three wet rooms.
Oddly enough, but the monastery lasted until 1929. Under the guise of a church community. In 1929, the monastery was closed, and the fate of its inhabitants was the saddest way.
In 1995, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow blessed to restore the monastery. Only now it was not a male abode, but the Pokrovsky Convent. The nun Feofania (Miskinu) was appointed Igoumenia.
Little about abbess
In Moscow, in the Pokrovsky nunnery for more than 20 years, has been the superior of the nun Feofania. The story of her life is quite interesting and worth it to briefly tell about it.
Hegumeness Theophania (in the world Olga Miskina) is young enough. She was born in 1965. The family of the future abbess of the women's Pokrovsky monastery was large: 9 children.
In 1976, the family moved to Strunino, a town near Moscow. Olga with her parents and other children began to visit the Trinity-Sergius Lavra. Here the family also appeared confessor.
Upon graduation, the future Abbess entered to study as a regent. In addition, she graduated from cutting and sewing courses, so she could sew vestments. What she did.
In 1987, young Olga decided to devote herself to God. She became a novice at the Korets Convent.
1988 was marked for a young novice by the fact that she was taken to Moscow - to help in preparing for the celebration of the 1000th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia.
And in 1990, on the day of the celebration of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Olga took monastic vows, leaving the same name.
In the fall of 1992, she was sent to the Diveevsky Convent. She lived there with the abbess, helped her with the purchase of everything necessary for the restoration of the monastery. Bore obedience to the choir, sang, was a storekeeper.
In February 1995, Nun Olga was appointed Mother Superior of the Pokrovsky Convent. In April of the same year she took monastic vows with the name Feofania.
The relics of the blessed Matrona of Moscow are in the Holy Protection Convent. This old lady is especially loved by the people, because it helps everyone who comes to her.
The life of the blissful Matronushka is amazing. From birth, it was already the "eighth pillar of Russia." Matron was born in a poor peasant family, was the youngest of four children. The family lived very, very poor, the parents of Matronushka were no longer young. Therefore, her mother made the decision to give the child home when he was born.And that woman dreamed a dream, as if a bird of unprecedented beauty descended to her. And the bird had no eye. Mother Matrona interpreted this dream as a clear sign that the child should not be given away. And soon a girl was born, blind as a bird from a dream. I loved her mother with all my heart. And often, pityingly, she said: "You are my unfortunate child." But Matronushka was always amazed at these words. She did not feel defective and unhappy. On the contrary, a girl from an early age was distinguished by the love of God and the gift of providence.
Other children did not like Matron, laughed at her, offended. Therefore, the servant of God spent most of the time at home, not playing with her peers. And she never complained, did not grumble about her fate.
At the age of seventeen, Matronushka’s legs were lost. And for the rest of her life she was immobilized, she could only sit. She had to endure many wanderings, blind and unable to walk. The blessed old woman lived with strangers, moved into one house, then into another. The time was such that a sick woman who did not have a passport could expose not only herself, but also those who received her in her home.
But the great Russian ascetic did not break the diseases and wanderings. She helped everyone, strengthened and comforted everyone who came with good intentions. And she said that after her death, people would go to the grave of the blessed. How to live, with their sorrows and weaknesses. Whoever loves Matronushka, resorts to her intercession, that blessed old woman will not leave. After death, he will meet in Heaven.
Currently, the relics of Matrona are located in Moscow, in the Pokrovsky nunnery.
On March 8, 1998, the relics of St. Matrona of Moscow were found. Archbishop Arseny of Istra was the head of the commission for opening the burial at the Danilovsky cemetery. The coffin with the honest remains of an old woman was transferred to the Danilov monastery, to the gate church in honor of Rev. Simeon the Stylite.
But what about the relics of Matrona of Moscow in the Pokrovsky nunnery?
The transfer of the remains of an old man
On the second week of Easter, May 1, 1998, on the eve of the 46th anniversary of the death of Matronushka, her honest relics were solemnly transferred to the Pokrovsky Convent. Under the ringing of the bells, the nuns of the monastery met them, led by Mother Superior Feofania.
The Pokrovsky Convent and the Matrona are a refuge for all those who need help, those who find it difficult, bad, have overcome the grief. It is worth visiting Matronushka, to pray to her from the heart, to venerate her honest relics, and she will help, seeing the sincerity of the begging person.
As the blessed old lady said during her life, for those who address her in their prayers, revere and ask, Matronushka will become a helper and comforter in sorrows and ailments.
You can visit the Pokrovsky Monastery, worship the honest remains of the saint, beloved by the people, every day. The monastery is open from 7 to 20 hours on weekdays and Saturdays. On Sunday, the monastery is available for pilgrimage from 6 to 20 hours. And for those who want to live in a monastery and, perhaps, to obey obedience to the glory of God, there is a monastery hotel where pilgrims stay.