IL-2717 - faithful hard worker, created for the people in difficult perestroika time
In place of the "Muscovites" with a body van in 1997 came the new model - IL-2117. It was assembled in Izhevsk, at the eponymous automobile factory specializing in the production of motorcycles and small economy-class sedans.
History of creation
The hard worker IZH-2717 was produced on the basis of the old woman “Oda”, a car with factory marking 2126. Despite the fact that a prototype of the prototype of the modern “pie” was recommended for conveyor production, it first went on sale only 8 years later. This was due to the launch of its own robotic line and welding shops.
Although this period is associated with a difficult time for Russia, the car quickly gained popularity and love among compatriots. The management makes a decision related to the development of its own versions of commercial light transport vehicles.That is how the first model of the IL-2717 passenger van appeared.
Plant Development Strategy
Izhevsk plant has made a huge contribution to the development of the domestic automotive industry. Over the entire history of its existence, more than 4 million passenger cars were produced. The time associated with the implementation of the project of work on vans 2717, suggests that this was a transitional season from the last century to the present.
For a clear example, we can say that during the production of the passenger truck, the automaker carried out linear production of several more modifications:
- IL 2126 "Ode".
- IL 21261 "Fabula" in the station wagon.
- KIA Spectra.
The cars of Izhevsk Automobile Plant with a van-type body were produced with a drive to the rear axle. The only exception was the modification "Hunter". Such models were all-wheel drive, moreover, had a lower gear and an elongated body to carry in it a hunting dog. But in any variant, the gearbox on the car is five-speed, mechanical, familiar to the Russian consumer in cars of the Togliatti automobile plant.
Over time, a large number of different versions of the IL-2717 were produced. Technical characteristics of most of them remained of the same type, the difference was only in the use of the power unit. Among the most common engines, installed on Izhevsk "pies", are the following:
- Classic Zhiguli "six", with a volume of 1.6 liters.
- UZAM - 3317, with a volume of 1.7 l.
- UZAM - 3320, more spacious - 2.0 liters.
- Tolyatti 2130, a volume of 1.8 liters.
The uniqueness of the car
Like most models of the domestic auto industry, IL-2717Differs in its unpretentiousness and price. Among the main advantages are the following:
- Large selection of different body styles. From standard pickup to isothermal van. Moreover, you can perform the transformation yourself within one hour.
- Design features suggest that the car IL-2717 was specially designed for commercial use. The rear suspension reinforced by springs, increased ground clearance, sideways opening in different sides (in a pickup version) - all this confirms the possible use of a van for business.
- One of the disadvantages of the car is the tendency to corrosion on the paintwork. Thus, the owner constantly had to do the so-called tuning of the IL-2717, periodically cleaning and tinting rusting places.
Comparison with the predecessor of the Moscow production
If you do not take into account the fact that the car was created on the platform of “Ode”, you can compare it with the Moscow “pie”, which for many years has been the undisputed and sole leader in this segment. After a small analysis of two domestic vans, you can describe the following statistics:
- The first negative impression about the Izhevsk car will arise if you open its hood. There is practically no free space under it, and it is very difficult to get close to the fourth spark plug or adjust the gap. In the "heel" from Moscow, on the contrary - there is plenty of space.
- Many car owners noted that there is much more space in the cabin of the Oda version than in the Moscow pie, some even managed to tilt the back of the chair back and fit comfortably. But the location of the spare wheel behind the passenger seat is very rashdeed. On the road, in order not to smear the interior trim and the seat itself, it will be necessary to apply a lot of effort.
- Separately, you can say about the heating system cars. Due to the fact that the interior is much smaller than the usual five-seater, it heats up very quickly. One thing is not clear, the IZH-2717 cooling and heating system itself, whose technical characteristics are in many respects similar to other domestic brands, is simply surprising. The fact is that most of the joints are made using the flange method, which in unfavorable conditions of high temperature and constant vibration very quickly becomes unusable.