How to wrap a baby in a blanket: a few simple ways
There can be several reasons for swaddling a baby in a blanket. For example, on a solemn walk in the cold season or for a night's sleep. At the same time, the blankets themselves are different in thickness, size, shape, etc. How to wrap the child in a blanket so that he feels as comfortable as possible, we will tell in our article. Here we propose a baby diapering scheme that can be freely applied to a thick blanket.
How to swaddle a newborn in a blanket: the scheme
Recently, pediatricians are of the opinion that tight swaddling harms the development of newborns. For example, if you straighten your legs and wrap them tightly with a diaper, you can increase the chances of developing hip dysplasia. But as practice shows, it is still necessary to wrap the child up for sleep, because it reminds the baby those feelings that he felt in the womb: some stiffness, comfort and security, which consequently affects a healthy sleep.In this case, the blanket should be slightly elastic, and the fabric from which it is sewn, breathable.
The process of how to wrap a child in a blanket is not too large thin, we show schematically:
- Take a small rectangular blanket of breathable fabric and lay it on a flat surface. Wrap the top corner of the blanket towards the center. Now place the child so that its head is above the wrapped corner, as shown in Figure A.
- Holding the baby’s body with one hand, with the other hand, take the free edge of the blanket on the right side and wrap the baby with it, as shown in Figures B and C.
- Lift up the bottom edge of the blanket, wrapping the baby's legs, as in Figure D.
- Now take the remaining free edge of the blanket and, just like last time, move it behind your back (Figure E).
- The result of swaddling is shown in Figure F.
With this method, you can wrap the child in a thin blanket to sleep. Or you can use this method of swaddling and for a walk, but only if you are going to put a hat on the head of the child.
How to wrap a baby in a blanket envelope
Modern blankets for discharge from the hospital are specifically designed to give the finished product an envelope shape.Their design assumes the presence of buttons or velcro to help fix the free corners of the blanket, and a decorative ribbon sewn from behind, which easily turns into a chic bow.
If you do not know how to wrap the child in a blanket on an extract, we offer the following instructions:
- Arrange the blanket on a flat surface in the form of a diamond.
- Put the child on top of the prepared blanket so that his head is located just below the top corner.
- Bend the lower part of the blanket up in such a way as in a paper envelope.
- Wrap the sides alternately: first, the one on which the velcro are located on the outside, and then the other, in which the means for fixing is inside.
- Fix the envelope with a decorative bow.
How to wrap a baby in a blanket with a corner
A blanket with a corner is one of the options for blankets designed to be discharged from the hospital. Its distinctive feature is the lace angle, treated with embroidery and other decorative techniques. It is on this part of the blanket that the head of the newborn will be located.
There are two ways to swaddle your baby in such a blanket.In the first case, the baby's head is located below the upper edge so that it is possible to slightly cover the baby face with a beautiful corner. Further, the process of swaddling is carried out similarly to that which was proposed in the diagram. In the second case, if you do not intend to cover the face, the head is located directly along the upper edge of the product.
Rectangular blanket: how to wrap a baby
Many parents sometimes have difficulty using a product with different sides, especially if it is quite thick.Mothers who did not swaddle their child find it difficult to deal withhow to wrap a baby in a rectangular blanket.
All actions are performed similarly to classic swaddling with the help of the so-called diaper. The blanket is located on a flat surface in the form of a rhombus, and its upper corner is wrapped inside. The baby’s head is located above the wrapped corner, after which the baby’s body is alternately wrapped first with the right edge, then the bottom and left. It is important to check that the edges of the blanket are wound smoothly, without folds and creases, otherwise the baby will be uncomfortable.
For a walk in the winter: how to wrap the baby in a blanket
When going for a walk with a newborn in winter, it is important to ensure that the blanket fits tightly to the face and body, protecting the baby from the penetration of cold air.
Since the child should be wrapped in a blanket for a walk as reliably as possible, we start the process of swaddling by wrapping his upper corner tightly around the head. Then on the left side we make a small fold on top, which will ensure a tight fit of the product to the neck, and we set this angle behind the body of the baby. Further we tuck the bottom of the blanket and perform similar actions on the right side. A blanket wrapped on top is fixed with a bow or ribbon.