How to make shortbread cookies?
Shortbread cookies are a delicacy that absolutely everyone likes to eat. But first, let us learn what the peculiarities of such a test are and how to do it correctly.
Rules and features of the preparation of short pastry
Such baking owes its name to friability and brittleness. There are several secrets to use when making shortbread cookies:
- the more the dough contains fat, the more crumbly it will be. If less, then the pastry is hard and dense;
- Flour is better to take with a lower gluten content. So the dough will be less elastic;
- sugar is better to replace with powdered sugar to make a crumbly dough;
- The optimum temperature for the test is fifteen to twenty degrees. At lower temperatures, it will be difficult to roll, and at higher temperatures its structure is disturbed. As a result, pastries can get tasteless and solid;
- if the eggs are partially replaced with yolks, the finished cookies will be more tender;
- It is very important to knead the dough quickly, in just two or three minutes.
Shortbread cookies "Pyramid"
So, now we can start cooking. For a start, prepare a simple shortbread with a layer. We will need two glasses of flour, half a cup of sugar, 150 grams of butter or margarine, one egg, half a teaspoon of salt, a quarter of a teaspoon of soda, jam or jam - 3/4 cup, one tablespoon of powdered sugar. Make the dough and roll it into a layer about 5 mm thick. We will cut out three sizes of flat cakes with special molds and spread them on a baking sheet. Then bake at a temperature of 240-250 degrees for ten minutes. We give a little cool, so as not to burn your hands, and make a kind of pyramid with a layer of jam between the finished cookies - the bottom - the largest, and the top - a small one. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can serve!
Shortcake with fresh berries
We offer another option in which the gifts of nature "straight from the bush" will be used. This is also an easy and quick recipe. Tasty shortbread in the summer is easy to prepare, because the abundance of fresh berries and fruits allows you to experiment and create! Take two hundred grams of flour,one egg, 70 grams of butter, six tablespoons of milk, two glasses of dessert cream (you can take ready, already whipped), a half cup of sugar, a teaspoon of powdered sugar and a handful of fresh berries to taste. Sift the flour, chop the butter, beat the egg with the addition of four tablespoons of milk and mix everything together with the sugar. Roll out the dough one centimeter thick. It is worth noting that this should be done on a flat surface in order to obtain a uniform reservoir. Cut out the figures and lay on a baking sheet. Top lubricate the remaining milk and bake for ten minutes at a temperature of 220 degrees. Let cool ready liver. If you use fruits, not berries, they will need to be cut so that they are neatly placed on our cookies. Cream whip and grease pastries. On one cookie, put the fruit or berries on top and cover with the other half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, you can decorate the remaining berries. Done! Bon Appetit!