How to make a mask of paper?
You seriously thought how to make a mask frompaper alone ?. Perhaps you collect masks, or your child will have a festive carnival. In this article, we will tell you how to make a beautiful mask with your own hands.
To begin with, you need to decide whichwill be your mask: solid or flat. Perhaps your child will have a normal mask, it's easier, but what kind of mother does not want to please her baby? In addition, you need to decide on the design of the mask, to imagine its image to yourself. In this case, pay attention to the fact that it will look harmonious with the suit.
How to make a mask of paper: the necessary materials
- Paper, cardboard, newspaper or napkins.
- Plasticine, sculpted clay, or thick dough.
- Face cream.
- All sorts of jewelry (sequins, crystals, beads, lace materials, foil and everything you want).
How to make a simple paper mask
If you chose a flat mask, then clay and other materials used for the mask skeleton, as well as cream, you will not need.
To begin with, you need to cut out the mask form fromcardboard or heavy paper. Then it is necessary to attach tape to the mask, due to which the mask will be kept on the head, the bands can be replaced with an elastic band. And only then proceed to decorate your mask with paints, sequins and other tinsel, in addition, you can use ready-made decorations (bows, artificial flowers), if it suits you in style.
How to make a volumetric mask of paper: instruction
- First of all, it is necessary to make a cast of a person,for this we need a plastic material (plasticine, or what you have chosen). Pre-lubricate your face with cream, and then mold on your face a relief for the mask. Do not forget to make holes for breathing, and holes at the edges of the mask for tapes, with which the mask will stay on your head.
- Manufacturing of paper basis. To do this, cover the plasticine frame of the mask with a food film (so it will be easier to separate the mask from the relief when the time comes). Cut the paper material into pieces, each of which is carefully lubricated with glue and glue on the relief, laying it evenly on the plasticine layer. The thickness of all layers should not be less than 2 mm. After every 3-4 layers leave the work to dry for an hour and a half.
- After all the layers of glued paper are applied, place your workpiece in a dry, warm place until it dries completely.
- Remove the dried mask from the plasticine base and proceed to decorating the mask.
Now you know how to make a mask out of paper, and that it's not so difficult. Give room for your imagination and enjoy your creations.