How to get rid of bumps from injections on the buttocks? Bump ointment for injections
Intramuscular injections can be prescribed for various diseases. They provide better efficacy and reliability of therapy. But, in addition to the merits, the injections have negative sides. Sometimes after them there are seals - peculiar cones. In medicine, they are called infiltrates. They may not bother the patient at all, but sometimes provoke a feeling of discomfort. Consider how to get rid of bumps from injections.
Why do infiltrates appear?
Compaction results from the accumulation of lymph cells and blood under the skin. Such a phenomenon is preceded by a traumatic effect after needle penetration. The culprits can be and drugs that have not spread to the tissues. Realizing the reasons why seals occur, you can protect yourself from their occurrence.
Doctors identify the following factors that cause the formation of infiltrates:
- Quick entry of medication. The drug does not have time to be distributed in the tissues.Staying in one place, it forms a seal.
- Muscle tension. Lack of relaxation during the injection prevents normal distribution of the drug. Such a phenomenon is dangerous not only because of the need to further get rid of bumps from injections, but it can also lead to a flaky needle. Therefore, it is necessary to relax as much as possible during intramuscular injection.
- Small needle length. The erroneous opinion that it is better to use an insulin syringe to inject conventional drugs often leads to the formation of cones. The small needle does not penetrate the muscle tissue. The drug remains in the subcutaneous fat layer.
- The structure of the drug. Some medicines are oily. To protect the patient from bumps from injections, it is necessary to pre-heat the drug in the hands and very slowly inject it into the muscle.
- Allergy. Such seals have their own characteristics: redness and swelling, the speed of occurrence, itching may occur. When observing such symptoms, an urgent need to consult a doctor.
Before we figure out how to get rid of the bumps from the pricks on the buttocks, consider what can lead to self-treatment.
Improper therapy sometimes leads to serious symptoms:
- suppuration, abscess;
- the occurrence of acute pain;
- chills or fever;
- bruising, redness;
- deterioration of health.
All procedures to help get rid of bumps from injections should be carried out under the supervision of specialists. The choice of the necessary funds is carried out individually.
Medical treatment of seals
How to get rid of bumps from injections on the buttocks? If infiltrates cause concern only for reasons of aesthetics, the doctor may recommend excellent medicines. Often appointed ointment from the bumps from injections of local exposure. It is able to penetrate deep into the tissue.
Such funds are made on the basis of the following substances:
- heparin - contributing to blood thinning;
- troxerutin - relieves inflammation.
Popular and effective medicines are:
However, as noted above, you should not use the ointment from the bumps from the pricks yourself. For each patient an effective remedy is selected individually. After all, all drugs have their own contraindications and can cause unpleasant side effects.
So, Vishnevsky's ointment is forbidden to use at the purulent diseases proceeding in an acute form. Drugs that contain heparin are completely unsuitable for people with hemophilia.
A lot of questions arise about the drug "Dimexide". The tool has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect. But at the same time it has many contraindications. Therefore, the independent use of this tool can cause harm.
Occasionally, a long-lasting nonabsorbable seal may be observed in a baby after DTP vaccination. It, as a rule, does not disturb the crumb. But in the case of re-vaccination, you have to choose another buttock.
To get rid of the bumps from injections in children, the doctor prescribes certain physical procedures:
- UHF The seal is absorbed under the influence of electromagnetic fields.
- Infrared photocoagulation. Deep warming with a special lamp effectively affects infiltrates.
This therapy is completely safe. It can even be used for infants. For painful induration, such procedures are often prescribed for adults.
The occurrence of seals after injections does not pose a threat to life. It is dangerous if an infection is at the puncture site. In this case, an urgent need to consult a doctor.
The following alarming symptoms may signal an infectious process:
- Infiltrate reddened and does not decrease in size. It may even increase.
- In the place of injection felt pain. Discomfort is greatly increased during palpation.
- To the touch the seal is hotter.
- Pus is released from the puncture.
- The person complains of deterioration of the general condition.
- There is an increase in temperature, the occurrence of fever or chills.
Such signs may indicate the development of an abscess after infection in the body. In this case, it is extremely dangerous to be treated independently. After all, the patient needs to make a small incision and remove all the pus. In addition, the doctor prescribes antibiotic therapy.
Many patients who want to get rid of the seals formed after injection, resort to the healing power of nature.
Let's get acquainted with common and popular methods of dealing with infiltrates:
- Fresh cabbage leaf.It makes several cuts or beat it with a hammer. The surface is smeared with a thin layer of honey. The prepared sheet is applied to problem areas. This compress from bumps from injections should be put on all night. You can not beat off the cabbage leaf, but simply scald it in boiling water.
- Honey compress. For its preparation will need 1 tbsp. l main ingredient. Honey should be thick, but not candied. Heat a little component, add to it butter (1 teaspoon), previously softened, and egg yolk (1 piece). Ingredients mix. Apply the resulting composition to the problem area. From above it is necessary to cover with a package or a film. The effect of warming will allow you to quickly and easily get rid of cones.
- Aloe leaf. Use a plant that is over 3 years old. The cut piece should be kept in the fridge for 24 hours. After that, it is necessary to cut a little with a knife, mash, repel. When the plant runs the juice, you should attach it to the infiltration on the buttock. Cover with gauze, polyethylene and fix with a piece of adhesive plaster. Such a compress stays overnight.
Seals after insulin
Very often diabetics encounter the formation of infiltrates.
Doctors advise using the following methods:
- In many patients, such formations result from the reuse of disposable needles for injection. The simplest and most effective advice to avoid the occurrence of cones is their frequent replacement.
- In addition, the benefit will bring the method of "circular obkalyvaniya." It helps protect against injecting swelling. Injections are made in a circle, in different places: the left arm is the leg, then the right limbs.
Drug medications and folk remedies are very popular. However, it is not recommended to apply them yourself. Be sure to consult with your doctor how to get rid of cones from insulin injections. Do not forget that many drugs are absolutely contraindicated for diabetics.
Excellent results are provided by many remedies for bumps from injections. Often, infiltrates are resolved without a trace in a couple of weeks. But if the seal causes discomfort or does not pass a long time, be sure to consult a doctor.This will avoid extremely unpleasant consequences.