How to enable Aero
Each of us, using the operating system,trying to do everything and adjust it in a way that would be convenient to work with, but in appearance all this should please the eye. Developers are also thinking about this, which led to the appearance of such an innovation as the Aero mode in new versions of the Windows operating system.
At its core Windows Aero isuser interface used in operating systems from Microsoft, starting with the version of Vista. This interface is presented in all versions of Windows 7, as well as in the beta version of Windows 8. Next, you will learn about the main components of this interface and how to enable Aero.
The main components:
- Aero Glass allows you to make headings in windows and panels transparent.
- Active sketches allows you to use Flip 3D and Windows Flip to view the contents of windows.
- Active taskbar thumbnails are miniature windows that appear when you hover over them with the mouse cursor.
- Windows Flip is a new menu view, designed to switch between windows.
- Aero Shake is designed to minimize all inactive windows.
- Aero Peek is used to display the contents of the desktop, for which there is no need to minimize windows.
- Aero Snap is designed to move the mouse window to the floor or the entire screen.
How to enable Aero: a sequence of actions
Before turning on this mode, you need to check the video system of the computer for compliance with certain requirements. It requires the following for its work:
- A video adapter that supports DirectX 9 and WDDM 1.0 or later. For example, for NVidia, all video cards that come out with GeForce FX have such parameters;
- your computer must have at least 128MB of available video memory;
- Need a special driver for the video system for Windows Vista / 7, with support for the architecture of WDDM.
If you are deeply concerned about how to turn onWindows Aero, then we can say that there is no special button for this. It can be activated by means of a certain set of actions: go to Start - Control Panel - System, in the opened window it is necessary to find an estimation of computer performance. If previously the assessment was not carried out, then it is necessary to do it. When the evaluation process is completed, the window in front of you will show a description of how many points the operating system rated your computer. Windows Aero requires an evaluation of at least 3.0 for its work. If the estimate is met for the minimum or higher level, you can turn on Aero mode. This can be done by entering the Start - Control Panel - Personalization, where you can choose one of the themes of the mode. It is possible to customize the appearance of the interface by changing the color of the window. Here you can customize for Aero colors and include headings and panels with transparency.
However, if you are concerned not only with the question of howTo include Aero, but also to adjust it, then the following instruction can be useful. To open additional settings, you can go to additional system settings, now you need to select visual effects in the speed settings. Here, you can choose whether to turn Aero on or off, or choose the ability to provide the best performance.
Of course, you can finish the settings on this,However, if you care about how to turn on Windows Aero, if the performance index does not reach the required level, then there are two alternatives for this.
In the first it is proposed to deceive the evaluation of the systemperformance. Since the results of the scan are written to a regular xml file, you can correct it using a text editor. The second method involves forcing this mode through the registry.
In general, now you know how to turn on Aero Windows 7, you just have to enjoy the new features of the system and expect that something new will appear.