How to connect the DVR?
Watch the video
Tense traffic on the roads todayday obliges many car enthusiasts to have a DVR in their car, since nothing so insures the driver from all sorts of problems in various incidents, like recorded proof of the validity of his actions. Despite the fact that the market value of this technical product is not quite available (the average price is 100-150 USD), it will save a lot of time, nerves and money, and to ensure a quiet ride - this is not the amount in which you should infringe yourself. In addition, they began to be used not only in cars, but also in office and storage facilities, as this is an excellent opportunity to save material resources and provide a quick and simple installation without attracting special agencies.
For those who decided to acquire this device, butdoes not know how to properly install it, the instructions will detail how to connect the DVR in a car, on a computer and to the Internet.
Full HD in the car
The most popular brands that produce DVRs are:
It is advisable to buy registrars with permissionFull HD, because the image quality is quite different when compared with ordinary models. If you have any difficulties with the purchased device, then read the article on our website. How to use the DVR.
You can connect the DVR in the car with twoways: aesthetically and not aesthetically. In the first case, all wires will be neatly hidden under the car's skin, in the second - they will obstruct the driver's view, making it difficult to assess the traffic situation.
So, an aesthetic way:
- It is advisable to attach the DVR forrear view mirror, as in this case it will not close the review. You can use a suction cup, a clip with a double-sided tape or a special bracket. The latter option will allow you to change the position of the DVR, directing it in the necessary direction if necessary (for example, to the left part of the windshield, if you communicate with the traffic police inspector near the car from the driver's seat);
- We mount the DVR to the windshield,insert the USB-cable into the corresponding connector on the case of the device and we are engaged in hiding the wire behind the skin. To do this, it is necessary to drive the wire into the gap between the inner lining of the roof and the sun visor, paving it in the direction of the lining between the windshield and the passenger's glass. There, as a rule, also there is a backlash allowing to get a wire for a seal of a lateral glass, having lowered it in a glove box. From this point, you have two choices: to store the power supply in the glove box, using a specially purchased adapter or, if the design of the car allows, to extend it further to the side panel;
- In the event that there are no cracks for the wire, youYou can use special small fasteners on a double-sided tape that will allow you to unnoticedly hold the wire of the device under the glove compartment (this tip will work on any other segment, but in that case you will not be able to make the wire completely invisible);
- Plug the power supply into the cigarette lighter socket. In modern cars, the DVR will turn on automatically when it is turned on. In more long-term cars, you will need to remove the power supply of the device to prevent overheating of the chips in the long absence.
Other practical tips for installing the device you can read in the article How to install the DVR.
Connecting the DVR to a PC
This procedure is quite simple. A special cable (patch cord) must be included with the DVR, which is inserted into the connector of the network card. There, in the box, you will find a disk with the software that needs to be installed on the computer. The installation procedure is quite simple and does not differ from the installation of any other program, but the main purpose of connecting the device to a PC is the transfer of information to the network and the possibility of remote access to the DVR.
Your camera on the Internet
Before connecting the DVR to theNetwork, you need to establish a static IP for your connection, otherwise you will not be able to establish a connection due to the ever-changing address on the Web.
- The physical connection of the device to a PC has been described above. Now you need to set up. Go to the main menu of the DVR and select "Setup - Network";
- In the menu that opens, select the IP type - static, assigning the address, subnet mask, gateway and dns (this information is specified by the manufacturer in the accompanying documentation);
- Confirm the changes and go through the Worker.Table - Start - Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center / Network Connections (if you have Windows XP, then stop at this point) - Change the adapter's settings to the Ethernet shortcut / Local Area Connection;
- Click on the icon with the right mouse button - Properties- Internet Protocol (TCPIP). In the field "Use the following IP address" we put a check mark and in the opened window we fill the data in the same way as item 2, except for the last digit in the IP-address (it should be different);
- You go into your browser and register insearch string IP address of the DVR. In the window that opens, enter your credentials (login and password). If everything is done correctly, you will see a window with the interface of the program, in which the picture will be transferred from the included DVR.
You can also use thespecial software that comes with the DVR, but in this case you will not have to use your own browser, but a special program that you install using the installation disc.