Hip joint hip: possible causes and treatment characteristics
If the hip joint or others clickjoints and thus there is a pain, it testifies to presence in them of disease. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment will eliminate extraneous sounds and other accompanying symptoms.
Why does the hip joint click?
Many of us have faced a situation whereclicks the hip joint and comes the so-called feeling of jamming. Usually this happens during standing, walking and turning with your foot. The sound of a click is formed due to the friction of a part of the muscle or tendon about the protruding part of the femur.
This phenomenon was called the syndromeclicking hip. Often clicks are harmless, painless and do not bring discomfort, except that their frequent manifestation can irritate. Most often suffer from the syndrome people whose legs are subjected to regular bending, for example, athletes and dancers.
List of reasons
- In the hip joint, the friction of the muscles and tendons isthe bone structure occurs in the outer areas, where the iliac-tibial tract passes through the large trochanter of the femur. In the position of the straightened thigh, the tract is placed behind the large spit. When the hip joint is bent, the tendons are displaced forward with respect to the large trochanter. The components of the tract resemble a dense rubber band that is capable of stretching. Tendons rub against the slightly protruding large spit, and one can hear the hip joint click. Sometimes this leads to bursitis. With bursitis, the synovial pouch becomes inflamed and thickened, the standard slip of muscles with respect to the bone is broken.
- The tendons of the rectus thigh pass through itthe front surface and attach to the pelvic bone. When the thigh bends, the tendon moves relative to its head. When the leg is straightened, the tendon becomes in place. The joint is clicked in the thigh because of such reciprocal movements of the tendon over the head of the femur.
- Clicks occur as a result of tearingarticular cartilage or if cartilaginous broken particles were formed in the joint cavity. In such a situation, a click may be accompanied by pain and dysfunction of the motor apparatus. If parts of the articular cartilage come off, then the hip joint is blocked.
- To unpleasant sounds in the hip joint leads arthrosis, arthritis, ankylosis.
- Damaged tendons, cartilage, their dystrophy.
- Increased flexibility of the joint from birth.
Treatment of clicks in the hip joint
If the joint flips, but there is no pain, then nothing should be treated. But for those who are strongly confused by clicking sounds, there are specific ways to eliminate them at home:
- to monitor the level of physical activity - to minimize, it is better to give up altogether;
- Apply an ice pack to the hip joint;
- Use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that will reduce discomfort;
- prevent repeated movements of the hip joint during sports, exercise, for example, reduce the number of sit-ups, bike rides, swim only with the help of hands.
If, after these events, the joint still clicks, worries about discomfort and pain, then you need to seek professional medical help. The treatment is as follows:
- Appointments are made for visits to the treatment and exercise room, where special exercises are used to stretch the muscles of the thigh, which reduce discomfort.
- With the development of bursitis of the hip joint, a doctor can prescribe anti-inflammatory injections with hormones (corticosteroids).
- Surgical intervention. The operation is appointed if other methods have not yielded results. To know what operation to perform, you need to identify the cause of the ailment. In this issue will help arthroscopy of the hip joint.
Some people click the knee joint inwalking time, with flexion or extension of the leg. This may indicate the presence of a disease in it, especially if the clicks are accompanied by pain. It is important not to start the joint - not to lead to swelling, inflammation and on time to seek medical advice, because in the early stages you can still do something.
Causes of clicking in the knee
1. Pathological. In the body, a chronic illness can occur, the syndrome of which is clicks during movement and pain in the knee joint:
- arthrosis, patellar instability, tendonitis, gout and other joint diseases in which cartilaginous tissue is destroyed;
- deposition of salts provokes clicks in the knee;
- new and old injuries of the knee;
- various inflammations that appeared against the background of infection.
To detect the listed diseases will help X-ray, MRI and blood test.
2. Physiological. It means that the joint is clicked in the knee not because of the presence of a serious disease, but because:
- differences in the geometry of the joint; its surface does not ideally coincide at the time of contact and when you click, you hear a click;
- Knee bones protruding above the ligaments; moving, the joint touches the bone and snaps.
The physiological causes of extraneous sounds in the joint do not pose any danger to health and do not require medical intervention.
How to treat a knee joint?
When a knee joint is clicked and pain, inflammation or swelling arises, the doctor will first of all address these symptoms with medication:
- analgesics are prescribed for pain;
- anti-infectious agents if there is an infection;
- from edemas use anti-inflammatory drugs;
- cure and restore cartilage helps chondroprotectors.
A good addition to the drugs will be physiotherapy. The patient is referred to procedures that help to eliminate clicks and discomfort in the knees:
- laser procedures prevent the degeneration of cells and at an early stage can stop the disease and prevent it from developing;
- UHF therapy - the impact on the knee by electric current leads to normalization of blood circulation and the inflow of useful elements to the click joint;
- Electrophoresis serves as a supplement to the prescribed medications, with the help of which they are better absorbed.
The hand consists of several joints:wrist, elbow and shoulder. Each of them under certain conditions can produce clicking sounds. Just like with the hip or knee joints, it is necessary to find out the cause of the crunch. For example, the wrist joint clicks in such diseases:
- de Quervain's disease;
- injury to the hands.
Any of these ailments is accompanied by pain in thebrush, discomfort, sometimes inflammation, swelling. Restrictive functioning of the wrist. Treatment is carried out with medicines, physiotherapy, physiotherapy exercises, and massages.
The joints of the hands are clicked and in the elbow area.A common cause is arthrosis, which occurs against the background of a previous injury or inflammation. During the period of illness, the amount of synovial fluid in the elbow joint decreases, the cartilage becomes thinner, then tears.
Click the shoulder joint as a resultan arbitrary dislocation or subluxation. According to studies, they occur because of the sliding of the biceps or deltoid muscle from the bony protrusions and changes in mucous bags.
The humerus can make clicking orcrackling sounds. For example, a click will be heard when, under the influence of increasing load or mobility, the pressure inside the synovial fluid increases and air bubbles are formed that burst. Such a condition is painless and does not harm health.
Cracking sounds indicate that the joint is worn out and the mechanism of its work or about the sprain and the presence of diseases is broken.
Why does the joint of the shoulder click?
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Improper diet and metabolic disorders, the result is salt deposition and crunching.
- Injuries, increased physical activity, hypermobility.
- Infections, inflammatory processes.
Flicks in the fingers
The joints of the fingers are clicked under such diseases:
With these diseases, the finger is blocked in a bentor the bent position, releasing a click. Above it appears swelling, tightens the tendon, there is a pain in the base of the affected finger, first with any movements, then at rest.
With the beginning of active activity, i.e.,even in infancy, the child's joints crack and click. This is because the children are hypermobile, but their cartilage has not yet formed to the end, and therefore, with any movements can make sounds. Even in adolescents, the joint-ligament apparatus is not very mature yet.
Disturbing is necessary if clicks are accompanied by painful sensations and restriction of movements. In this case, you need to consult an orthopedist, take an appropriate blood test, undergo an IZI and an X-ray.
It happens that the child snaps his jointsdue to the pathology of connective tissue - it is very weak and the flexibility of the joints is increased. In addition, children with this pathology are often diagnosed with heart disease.
Do not forget about diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as dysplasia, arthrosis and others. After all, they also provoke clicks in children's joints.
How to help the joints?
If the joints are clicked over the whole body, you can resort to the non-medicinal methods of treatment:
- Physical activity - therapeutic exercisesphysical culture, daily walks. Excellent fit swimming. It is desirable to discuss the amount of exercise and the variety of exercises with a doctor, because some of them may be contraindicated.
- Massotherapy. In chronic joint diseases, rubbing, easy stroking, kneading is acceptable. If there is acute inflammation, massage is contraindicated.
- Proper nutrition. Overweight often leads to gout, arthrosis of the hip and knee joint. The optimal amount of protein should be ingested.
- Maintaining the water balance so that the synovial fluid does not decrease in the diseased cartilage;
- Babies follow the development of the hip joint and the correct setting of the feet during walking.
When the joints are clicked, what to do will promptdoctor. Depending on the diagnosis, he is prescribed treatment. It can be conservative, i.e. medication or surgical treatment - an operation is prescribed.
The effectiveness of folk remedies in the treatmentjoints is not confirmed. Most likely, the patient feels an improvement as a result of auto-suggestion. But if there are no contraindications, you can treat the joints and folk methods.