Green radish: benefits, cooking recipes
Green radish is a fairly common product in Russia. Domestic cooks love to cook second courses with this vegetable, bake it in the oven and even add to soups. There are many dishes that use green radish. Recipes with this product are very popular, especially for salads.
The homeland of this useful vegetable is Uzbekistan. Once upon a time, cooks cooked from the green radish the original delicacy "ointment". Vegetable cut into thin slices, added spices and dried for two weeks in the sun. Then the resulting product was ground into flour and sieved through a sieve, and then cooked in white molasses with spices and spices. And what do modern Russian culinary specialists cook from green radish today and how is the above product useful? Interesting? Read on!
The benefits of the above product
Green radish, as experts note, affects our body as follows:
- stimulates appetite;
- activates the digestive tract;
- lowers blood pressure;
- boosts immunity;
- improves metabolism;
- positive effect on the blood;
- restores the level of calcium in the body;
- strengthens the bones and teeth of a person;
- carries out prevention of constipation;
- has a choleretic property;
- treats pneumonia, cough, flu, cold;
- normalizes blood sugar levels;
- reduces the amount of excess cholesterol in the body;
- eliminates the symptoms of dysbiosis;
- strengthens hair;
- carries out the prevention of baldness.
In addition, the use of radish green is expressed in its other abilities. So, it improves vision and calms the nerves, eliminates signs of irritability. Radish also has excellent antibacterial properties. Regular use of this product is the key to healthy human skin. This vegetable perfectly tones the skin, cleans it from stains and eliminates other problems.
It is worth noting that green radish can excrete harmful heavy metals, toxins and other substances that adversely affect our health.
Calorie and composition
Green radish, recipes from which are very popular among many chefs, has a rather low calorie value. 100 g of the above product contains only 32 kcal.
This vegetable has a fairly rich composition. So, this root vegetable contains many vitamins and other nutrients and not less useful substances: retinol, B vitamins, ascorbic acid, niacin, etc.
In addition, green radish is composed of volatile, fatty acids, fiber, essential oil, macro - and micronutrients (iron, phosphorus, salts of calcium, potassium, sulfur and sodium). Therefore, when using this product for food, we saturate our body with a mass of nutrients.
Radish green with meat: a recipe for the original salad
For this dish you need to stock up on the following products:
- two green radishes;
- one large onion;
- 200 g fresh chicken fillet;
- a few spoons of mayonnaise;
- a few pieces of ordinary red radish;
- a little vegetable oil;
- sprig of fresh dill.
Green radish peeled and cut into thin strips. Boil chicken fillet.Shred red radish thin circles. Then chop the onion into half rings, and the meat into cubes, lightly fry them in vegetable oil.
Mix all ingredients, fill with mayonnaise. You can decorate the dish with a sprig of fresh dill.
Green radish with carrots
For the preparation of this salad will need the following ingredients:
- radish green - half a kilo;
- two carrots;
- about 150 g of white cabbage;
- half a large green apple;
- spoon (tea) fresh lemon juice;
- 10 ml of unrefined vegetable oil;
- a pinch of pepper if desired;
- salt to your own taste.
Cabbage thinly chop, radish, apple, carrot grate on the grated carrot in Korean. Mix all the ingredients well. Season with unrefined vegetable oil and lemon juice, lightly salt and pepper. Decorate the salad with a thin slice of lemon.
Features of the use of green radish
The above product should be included in your diet, but you should follow some recommendations for its use:
- It is better to use fresh green radish, because heat treatment significantly reduces its value.
- The skin of the product can not be cut off, but the vegetable should be washed very carefully.
- At night, it is not recommended to eat meals with this root vegetable.
- Green radish is also an excellent treatment for rheumatic pain, joints, neuritis, and radiculitis. To do this, you need to grate it, make a compress and apply it to the sore spot.
Contraindications to the use
The benefits of radish green are not disputed by anyone today. But still there is a category of people who are strictly contraindicated above product. These include:
- patients suffering from gastroduodenitis, gastritis, gastric ulcer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the digestive system as a whole;
- people who have symptoms of inflammation of the colon or small intestine;
- patients with kidney and liver problems.
All the above categories of people should minimize the use of this root.
Green radish is an extremely useful product. By consuming dishes with this vegetable regularly, you can easily get rid of multiple health problems: adjust the digestive process, strengthen hair, bones, teeth, cleanse the body of excess cholesterol,implement reliable prevention of infectious diseases (flu, colds).