Formation of food culture
We eat to live. The organism exists only through the use and further assimilation of substances that it needs. It is very important to know what he needs, and in accordance with this, to form his own food culture.
Unfortunately, many people think about what they eat only when they have a disease. It is better not to bring this up.
Significance of food
This is the first thing to think about, since we are talking about food culture.
Food is a drink or food, due to the intake of which the energy reserves and substances necessary for normal metabolism are replenished.
These are proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, trace elements. They are absorbed by the cells, as a result of which energy is produced and stored, supporting the vital activity of the organism and ensuring its growth processes.
Also food is a source of pleasure. And it is very important to eat tasty food not only because it brings pleasure. When a person eats something pleasant, his digestion is effective.A sufficient amount of saliva, gastric juice. And these are powerful substances that kill germs that cause fermentation and rotting of undigested food.
It is extremely important in food culture. The concept of "mode" includes the following components:
- The amount and time of eating during the day.
- Proper distribution of the daily diet, taking into account the energy value of the products.
- Accounting for the chemical composition of products and their mass.
- Compilation of a varied diet.
- Intervals between meals.
- The time it takes to absorb it.
Our body is a complex system. Its balance and harmony is constantly affected by external factors. Therefore, maintaining the rhythm of nutrition - the minimum that a person can do for the normal functioning of his body.
It is extremely important to always eat at about the same time. A person who has adjusted his rhythm may even check time by feeling of hunger. It is just that at certain moments of the day the digestive tract prepares itself for eating and gives signals to the body about it.
It is impossible to break the rhythm - you have to eat. Otherwise, gastric juice reflexively entering at this time begins to have an effect onduodenum and stomach wall. If this happens often, the result may be an ulcer or gastritis.
If a person is concerned with the formation of a culture of healthy eating, then attention should also be paid to intervals. They largely determine the notorious rhythm and mode.
From a physiological point of view, the ideal time for eating is the moment when food, which got into the stomach at the previous reception, has already been digested.
There are averaged data for orientation. If a person is okay with digestion, then on average it takes 4 hours to digest food. After this time, appetite usually occurs. In principle, there is every four hours - the best option.
But there is a longer gap between meals. It falls on the period of sleep. And exceed the mark of 10-11 hours should not.
It is not necessary to strictly adhere to this particular regime. The most important thing is not to eat earlier than 2 hours after a meal. It is simply inappropriate. 2-3 hours is an acceptable interval, but then you need to eat in small portions.
What does the body need?
If a person is interested in the culture of healthy eating, then he will have to delve into the study of the composition of products in order to shape his diet. And that's pretty interesting. So, this is what our body needs:
- Carbohydrates.They perform support, structural, plastic, osmotic, receptor and energy functions. In simple terms, this is the basis, and also the main source of strength.
- Fat This is the most concentrated source of energy. However, fat is more difficult to oxidize than carbohydrates. Therefore, its amount should be minimized. If a person has an inactive lifestyle, then in the end everything will lead to a violation of fat metabolism and energy balance, as well as to gain weight.
- Squirrels. "Building material" of our body. Proteins are the constituent elements of all its cells. The synthesis of enzymes, hemoglobin, peptide hormones, as well as many other processes can not be carried out normally, if in the body they are not enough.
- Vitamins and minerals. They take part in all biochemical processes of the human body. Their importance is difficult to overestimate.
It is very important that a person, engaged in the formation of a food culture, learns to “supply” all of the listed substances to his body, consuming their useful sources. In sweets, for example, a high concentration of carbohydrates.But will the body be good, live on chocolate? Oatmeal, rice, nuts, fruits, cereals - also sources of carbohydrates, but more useful and rich in vitamins.
As mentioned above, food is the “fuel” for the body. 1 gram of proteins and carbohydrates is equal to 17 kJ, and fat - 39 kJ. What amount of energy a person needs is determined by his physical activity. Here are the approximate data for men (for girls they are 20% lower):
- Maximum calm, sedentary lifestyle - 1 500 calories per day.
- The sedentary form of work - 2 000 - 2 500 kcal.
- Light physical work - 2 500 - 3 000 kcal.
- Heavy physical labor - 3 000 - 4 000 kcal.
- Very hard work - 4 000 - 6 000 kcal.
If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, food culture and all the listed knowledge will definitely help. Taking into account its energy needs, it will turn out to make a competent diet with regard to the calorie content of dishes.
It's simple. Take, for example, breakfast: American with milk (56 kcal), an omelette of two eggs (270 kcal), 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese (134 kcal), several slices of grapefruit (37 kcal).
In this very tasty set there is everything that the body needs in the morning - a sufficient amount of proteins and carbohydrates, caffeine and vitamins. Calculate each time the calorie content of the dishes is easy.
Inspired by the culture of nutrition, you need to pay attention to the consumption of this supplement.
It is generally better to refuse white sugar. This is a simple carbohydrate, which, in the usual language, getting into the body along with tea or coffee, goes immediately "in the sides."
The maximum daily sugar consumption is 9 teaspoons for men and 6 for women. But we must remember that this element is in many other products consumed by us (fruits, juices, berries, vegetables).
So most people have exceeded the norm at times, because they not only drink coffee and tea with sugar, but also eat the food in which it is contained in its natural form.
Refusing to sugar, a person will not only provide a service to his body, but also discover a new world of taste sensations. Many people begin to notice a pronounced sweetness in products that did not seem special before, they feel especially pleasant aromas, etc.
Rules to learn
If you want to accustom yourself to a healthy lifestyle, then you need to start nurturing a food culture in yourself by memorizing the following provisions:
- It is necessary to eat only the required amount of food. Sated - stop. Do not overeat.The main thing - to satisfy hunger.
- It is necessary to respect the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is: 1: 1: 4. Carbohydrates should prevail, but in a different form (eating only porridge is not an option).
- It is better to refuse white salt. Norm - 2-5 grams per day.
- If coffee is natural, ground. After drinking a cup, after 20 minutes you need to use a glass of water to normalize balance.
- It is important to drink a lot. 1.5-2.5 liters of water per day. Some part can be replaced with green tea, natural juices.
- Vegetables are best used in combination with vitamin products, bran and seeds. A salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, for example, can be filled not with butter or sour cream, but with lemon juice, and sprinkled with flaxseeds.
- Every day you need to consume saline and vitamins.
These are basic nutritional skills. Starting to follow his regime, a person is guaranteed to improve health. It may not be easy at first, but over time he will notice lightness in the body, an extraordinary tone, a vigorous state of the body as a whole, and even, perhaps, a normalized weight, if there are problems with that.