Dyspnea when walking. Severe shortness of breath when walking: causes, treatment
The body is not an ideal machine. Sometimes a person may not feel too good for various reasons. In this article I want to talk about why dyspnea can occur when walking and how you can cope with this symptom.
At the very beginning, you need to figure out what is dyspnea. So, first of all it should be noted that this is a symptom that can accompany many diseases. However, to better understand the nature of dyspnea, you need to consider its main features:
- A person's breathing becomes more frequent.
- There is a feeling of suffocation, i.e. a person feels a lack of air.
- The depth of the inhale-exhale varies. Breathing becomes more noisy.
It is also worth saying that dyspnea is always noticeable to other people.
Reason 1. Cardiovascular system.
The first and most important reason why shortness of breath happens when walking is problems in the work of the cardiovascular system. So, this symptom may occur in heart failure, cardiosclerosis.It appears most often during physical exertion and during movement. If the problem is not dealt with, it can turn into a more serious form - shortness of breath while lying on the back. Get rid of this disease will be much more difficult. If shortness of breath while walking is accompanied by other symptoms, this may indicate the following problems:
Reason 2. Respiratory system
If a person suffers from severe shortness of breath when walking, the reasons in this case may be hiding in the violation of the respiratory system of the body. This symptom may accompany the following diseases:
- Pneumonia. In this case, shortness of breath develops when walking with chest pain. Also, a person has a weakness. Temperatures may not be.
- Pleurisy. In this case, shortness of breath comes in tandem with a feeling of heaviness in the chest.
- Bronchitis. In this case, the patient also often has shortness of breath. It is very important to cure this disease in time, as it can spill over into bronchial asthma.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The disease occurs in smokers, as well as in those people who work in hazardous production of the respiratory system.
If dyspnea turns into asphyxiation, this is an alarming symptom. In this case, there may be situations where the work of the respiratory system will be significantly hampered.
Reason 3. Nervous system
Shortness of breath when walking can occur in people who have suffered a head injury, as well as in those who are often exposed to stressful situations. After all, certain structures of the brain, which belong to the central nervous system, are designed to respond to the regulation of respiration.
Reason 4. Anemia
Often, severe shortness of breath when walking occurs due to anemia. In this case, the blood can not carry oxygen through the tissues, and therefore there is a similar condition. Shortness of breath during movement may also indicate that the patient develops tumor processes in the mediastinum.
We continue to consider the topic “shortness of breath when walking: causes, treatment”. Thus, a similar symptom may also occur in the following situations:
- Colds. At this time, a person has a stuffy nose, which also significantly complicates the respiratory process. To cope with the problem is simple, you just need to buy a remedy for a cold at the pharmacy.
- Allergic reactions.In this case, shortness of breath may also occur when walking. This condition can be caused by swelling of the larynx or swelling of the vocal cords.
When do I need to see a doctor?
About how to treat shortness of breath when walking, only the doctor can tell the most complete and competently. Indeed, in the case of self-treatment, you can start the disease without revealing the main cause of the symptom. In what situations should you immediately seek medical help?
- When there is a shortage of air, and it is no longer possible to compensate for it with rapid breathing.
- When chest pain occurs with shortness of breath.
- Such symptoms as swelling of the legs and feet should be alerted.
- If a patient has not previously been diagnosed with asthma or another serious disease of the respiratory system, and shortness of breath does not go away.
- You should also visit a doctor if a person has hoarse breathing and cough with sputum along with shortness of breath.
If a person periodically has shortness of breath when walking, treatment is something that you need to pay special attention to. After all, this symptom may indicate a rather serious disease.So, first of all, it is necessary to identify the cause of this state. After all, the type of treatment and its effectiveness will depend on this. What are the main ways to deal with this disease?
- If breathing system problems cause shortness of breath, you can cope with a symptom with the help of breathing exercises. Also in this case, oxygen therapy helps well, and if necessary, antibacterial drugs. If a patient has asthma, he should always have a special inhaler on hand that will help bring his breathing back to normal.
- If dyspnea occurs due to a disruption of the cardiovascular system, then the treatment should be carried out strictly under the supervision of doctors. Taking any independent measures in this situation is extremely dangerous.
- If dyspnea caused an allergic reaction, then you can simply take one of the following drugs: "L-tset", "Tavegil", "Suprastin". Allergic edema disappears, and then the symptom disappears.
- If anemia caused dyspnea when walking, then in that case the patient will most likely be assigned to a doctor such drugs as Ferroplex or Hemofer.
If a person has been tortured by shortness of breath while walking, treatment can also be carried out with the help of traditional medicine. In this case, the following recipes will be relevant:
- Infusion. A glass of boiling water need to pour one teaspoon of hawthorn flowers. Next, the ingredients must be protomit 15 minutes in a water bath and insist 45 minutes in a dark place. Medication is taken three times a day for a third cup.
- Decoction. 0.5 liters of boiling water need to pour 100 grams of crushed hawthorn fruit. The drug is boiled on slow fire for half an hour, then cooled, filtered. It is necessary to accept means three times a day on 100 ml after food.
- Oatmeal. It helps to relieve shortness of breath, which occurs during movement. To make a medicinal dish, you need 0.5 cups of oat grains to fill with two liters of milk. Everything is placed in a preheated oven and at a low temperature it languishes for about an hour and a half. To eat porridge you need one glass an hour before bedtime. The course of treatment with this method is two weeks.