Delicious recipes of aspic with gelatin
Aspic or jelly is a long cooking dish, it takes a lot of time. The fact is that boiling down cartilage and bone is not a quick thing. But this is the only way to get tasty and elastic jelly. Is it so? No. We offer quick recipes for delicious jelly, which does not need to spend a lot of time and effort. The secret is in gelatin! So, we present recipes of brawn with gelatin and without it.
Types of gelatin
Gelatin is available in the form of:
The difference in the use of these two types of gelling agents is small. The powder swells faster during the initial soaking, the plates - longer.
Adding gelatin to jelly is a very natural desire. After all, it is made just from the bones and cartilage tissues of livestock. But this secret ingredient requires proper preparation.
So, be sure to follow the recipe:
- pour gelatin with boiled chilled water in a ratio of 1: 4;
- leave to swell for 20-30 minutes;
- heat to dissolve the mass with constant stirring with a spoon or an iron whisk - do not bring to a boil;
- strain through a sieve;
- cool slightly and use as directed, according to the recipe.
What meat to choose?
To cook the jelly, professional chefs and ordinary housewives take different types of meat or one variety. So, for this dish fit pork, beef, chicken or turkey.
If you plan to prepare a dish without gelatin, it is recommended to choose meat that can give the maximum amount of gelling substance to the broth. Thus, should be taken for cooking:
- from pork or beef (veal) - legs, head, ears, tails, bones;
- from chicken or turkey - legs, heads.
These products are only the basis for strong broth. Meat components are selected separately - lean tender flesh to fill the jelly.
Assorted Meat Aspic
What products will be needed:
- beef pulp - 500 g;
- pig parts (legs, ears, tails, bones) - 1 kg;
- salt - 1/2 tsp. (taste);
- fresh garlic - 1 clove;
- cold boiled water (or filtered) - 3.0-3.5 l.
How to cook jelly without gelatin? The recipe is as follows:
- Clean all parts of meat and rinse well. Put in a large saucepan and cover with cold water - it should cover the products.
- Put the pot on high heat. When the water boils, a lot of foam will appear. Be sure to remove it. Then reduce the heat and boil with a slow boil and the lid is closed. It will take about 6-8 hours. Meat will languish and well boiled. If the kitchen has a pressure cooker, you can take it, but it will speed up the cooking process for just an hour or a half. You still have to wait for the quality broth to turn out.
- Peel and rinse the garlic, finely chop the clove or pass through a special garlic press.
- When the liquid has evaporated to 3/4 of its volume, turn off the heat. Remove meat and meat products from bones. Slice the meat or mince. Mix the meat with salt and garlic. Put in the form for jelly - you can use curly.
- Broth necessarily strain. Pour the meat mass. Put to cool first at room temperature, then in the fridge. After a few hours jelly will harden. Then put a plate on the form and turn the form over, pull the jelly out.The easiest way to do this is with a silicone mold.
Traditionally jelly is served with mustard, horseradish sauce. You can arrange the dish with fresh lettuce, pickled cucumbers, olives or other pickles.
Chicken Meat Recipe
What products will be needed:
- chicken (whole or parts - thighs, wings, legs) - 500 g;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- salt - to taste;
- carrots - 1 pc.
How to cook chicken aspic with gelatin? The recipe is to perform the following actions:
- Rinse the chicken or part of it and boil it in cold water. When the broth boils, remove the foam. Boil at a slow boil and close the lid for about 4-5 hours. Chicken is cooked much faster than pork or beef.
- Boil carrots separately. Then cool and clean it. Cut into thin slices or curly thread - stars, flowers or triangles.
- Prepare the gelatin as above. Soak, heat, strain, and cool slightly.
- When the broth is well done, pull the meat out and cut it into pieces. Cool the broth to room temperature, strain and mix with gelatin. Strain the liquid again.Season with salt to taste.
- Put carrots in the form, then meat. Pour broth and leave in the fridge until freezing.
- Then turn the jelly over and remove the form. The dish will remain on the plate.
If you want to make chicken aspic from gelatin, you have to change the recipe a little. Instead of gelatin, use chicken legs. They have a lot of cartilage, and when cooked, the gelling agent is released from them. Formed natural chicken aspic.
Vegetables for aspic
For cooking jelly, you can take any vegetables or root vegetables to taste. In addition to carrots, garlic, beets, green peas, canned or boiled corn, boiled egg (chicken or quail), olives, olives, boiled beans, sweet peppers or hot chili will do. Cranberries, cranberries or thin slices of lemon, even lime, are also used.
If additional vegetables are used, they are pre-boiled separately from the meat.
With the help of figuratively sliced additional different products, you can draw a picture. This allows interesting and original filing of jelly with gelatin. Recipes and photo dishes in several variations are presented in this material.
Spices, seasonings, greens
Recipes of brawn with gelatin or without it, according to tradition, contain spices, seasonings, fresh or dried greens.
Depending on the main meat in jelly, various spicy foods are used:
- for chicken - garlic (fresh or dried), turmeric, rosemary, thyme, paprika, coriander, marjoram, oregano;
- for pork - cumin, saffron, cumin, basil, rosemary, parsley, garlic, ground or fresh pepper;
- for beef - allspice, mustard, nutmeg, black pepper.
In addition, you can use ready-made store mixes for each type of meat ("For pork", "For chicken") or common, characteristic of meat dishes.