Bicycle for a child from 2 years: review of models, characteristics, rules of choice
What is the best option for dating a kid with a bicycle? For children aged 2 years and over, several solutions are available. We are talking about three-wheeled and four-wheeled bikes, as well as running races. It is necessary to stop on a concrete variant, proceeding from physical development of the child, his growth and temperament.
Three-wheeled models are suitable for kids who are just getting acquainted with riding on such a vehicle. In this case, parents do not have to worry about the safety of their own children. On a tricycle, the crumb will feel as confident as possible while in the saddle. Since such a bike is stable and never turn over.
Runbikes and four-wheeled bicycles should be considered as full-fledged devices for the development of coordination and physical abilities of the baby.Having mastered the ride on such models, the child will be able to transfer to the two-wheeled version without problems. Such solutions are suitable for the most energetic, active children.
Bike size for a child 2 years
Two-wheeled vehicles are suitable for children of this age, in which the rim size is 12 inches. When determining the appropriate frame, it is necessary to focus on the growth of the baby. As a rule, by this time children grow up to 85-110 centimeters. No matter how tall the crumb possesses, it should be comfortable to stand on a flat surface, holding the frame between the legs. At least 10 centimeters of free space should remain between the crotch and the metal bar. Comply with this rule is necessary not only in terms of comfort, but also on the basis of safety. Such parameters will allow the child to easily jump off the bike in case of an emergency.
Determining the size of the bike for the baby, it is important to pay attention to the presence of adjustments. Children from 2 years of age grow rapidly. Therefore, it may soon be that the recently purchased two-wheeled transport has become too small.The possibility of raising the seat and steering wheel will provide ease of use of the bike as the child grows up. Of particular importance is the ability to change the steering angle. This is required to maintain the correct posture of the baby.
When choosing a bike for a child from 2 years old, it is recommended to dwell on models with foot brakes. With such a system, the baby will be able to stop the bike quickly and without emergency consequences. Buying a two-wheeled vehicle with a handbrake is a bit early in this case. Most crumbs do not have enough power to squeeze the handle, located on the steering wheel. If this happens, there is a chance that the baby will simply roll over with the bike as a result of sudden braking. That is why the foot system is the safest for this age.
Choosing a bike according to this criterion, you first need to think about safety. It is desirable that the chain was protected by a special cap. Otherwise, in the course of skating, items of clothing and footwear, in particular, trousers, laces, are not excluded.
When choosing a bike for a child from 2 years old, many parents prefer models made of steel. This option makes it possible to save a little on the purchase.However, the steel bike can be quite heavy for the baby. Therefore, the best option for the crumbs would be an aluminum model. As for the bikes, most of these bikes are made of plastic. Their weight is on average 3 kg, and in some cases even less.
A kid who only gets acquainted with riding a bicycle will definitely like the call. Given the changeable weather, it is useful to think about buying a model with a visor, awning and protective wings on the wheels. Of course, do not forget about the helmet, which will save you from serious injury in case of a fall.
Many parents choose to start a tricycle for a child from 2 years old with a handle. In fact, such options are something akin to a pram. The main purpose of buying such a bike is to teach the baby to sit on its own. However, when meeting with a tricycle, the child learns the basic principles of riding, which will be useful as they grow up.
The decisive advantage of tricycles with a handle is the versatility.Most of these bikes are equipped with a comfortable seat with a back, a protective awning, seat belts.
There are also intermediate options in which the handle is dismantled, various covers, motion stops, etc. are removed. All this can be unfastened, giving the baby complete freedom of action.
Among the disadvantages that a tricycle can have for a child from 2 years old, should be noted the cumbersome design. These stories are not placed in every car trunk. In addition, they need to find free space in the apartment. The disadvantage is also not too comfortable placement of the pedals. During the ride, the baby's legs are directed forward, not downward, which creates certain difficulties when performing rotational movements. Moving along a bumpy road or climbing a hill for a child will certainly not be easy.
According to many parents, the best bikes for children from 2 years old are the so-called runbikes. The latter are models without pedals, designed for the smallest users. Being placed on the seat, the child has the ability to completely abut the ground.Moving here happens by pushing away from the surface. At the same time, skating turns out to be as safe as possible, since the baby will be able to get up on his feet when needed.
During the ride on the bike, the child hones the coordination of movements, balancing his body, learning to brake and steer. Such models are most often equipped with wide, stable wheels, which guarantee excellent permeability on the most various irregularities. In general, such models contribute to the complex physical development of the baby, and therefore are extremely popular.
Four wheel bikes
The four-wheel bicycle for children from 2 years is a design close to the classic, adult version. The only difference is the presence of additional balancing wheels located on the rear axle.
Unlike the tricycle, the pedals are located in a comfortable position. The kid initially learns to ride in the correct landing, at the same time feeling full confidence, since the side wheels make it possible to avoid excessive tilt to one side.
The minus of four-wheeled bicycles is the possibility of skiing only on even, spacious grounds. All sorts of potholes and bumps on the road can represent a solid obstacle. After all for them additional castors will cling. Driving on low curbs without the help of parents will also be problematic.
There are several rules when choosing a bike, compliance with which contributes to the proper physical development of the baby and safety:
- It is necessary to choose a bicycle for a child from 2 years old with a sufficiently low frame. Only in this way, in the event of an emergency, the baby will be able to jump off the bike in time or rest his feet on the ground without hitting the structure.
- In the process of rolling, the child should rest without problems on the pedals with the middle of the foot. In this position, the leg should be straightened. This can be achieved by adjusting the seat height.
- Before using the bike, it is necessary to adjust it to the individual parameters of the child’s body. The baby should not sit hunched over. If this happens, you need to raise the steering wheel higher or change its inclination.It is desirable that the control contains special rotation limiters around the axis. Otherwise, the steering wheel may turn sharply, which will lead to an emergency situation.
Bicycle rating for children from 2 years old
To avoid wasting time on viewing hundreds of options, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the list of the most successful bike models for kids who are just familiar with riding a bike:
- The Lexus Trike Original Grand is an extremely popular bike among kids. Contains a convenient peak which protects from the sun and rain. Possesses a comfortable plastic seat with a back and soft slips. It has a controlled parental handle, as well as conveniently located footrest. The model looks the best option for kids from 1 year to 2 years.
- Icon 2 RT Original is a rather expensive option due to the presence of a lightweight carbon frame. The seat is fixed both in position in the direction of motion, and to the adult. Thanks to this, the bicycle can be turned into something akin to a stroller. The soft seat is height adjustable. The model contains a sliding parent handle. Baby footrest is also foldable.
- Puky Cat is a high-quality model made in Germany. The model has a low center of gravity, due to which turning over during driving is excluded. The soft, ergonomic seat with a removable cover contains seat belts. In the design there is a parental handle and comfortable footrest for the baby.
- Smart Trike 1962000 Recliner is a convenient and reliable bike. Comfortable, height adjustable seat. Contains safety harness. The model has a wide footrest. Therefore, the bike can be used as an alternative to the stroller. Parental handle height adjustable. An additional advantage is the presence of a roomy bag for things and a basket for toys.
- Injusa 325 Tricicl o Body - the main advantage is the presence of wide, stable wheels. The seat is made of plastic and contains seat belts. There is a parent pen. The disadvantage is the fixed visor, as well as the abundance of small parts that create an annoying noise when riding on uneven. Despite this, many children like the model because the bike is very light, and the design resembles a real motorcycle.
- Children's bike Merida Fox 12 - model with a lightweight aluminum frame. Contains a robust plastic cap that prevents contact with the chain along its entire length. Parental handle is missing. Children's bike Merida Fox 12 has additional wheels on the rear axle, which provide increased stability.
- Pony Welt 12 Bicycle is a model equipped with quality components that suits both boys and girls. Corrugated tires guarantee maximum grip. The bike contains a foot brake, simple and safe to use. The presence of removable rear wheels allows the baby to quickly learn to keep balance and go to an independent ride without the support of adults.
So we figured out what you need to pay attention to when choosing a bike for a child over the age of 2 years, we considered important characteristics, as well as popular models. We advise you to be guided by the above recommendations when buying a children's bike, and then riding will bring the kid maximum pleasure.